“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Abstract Results of examination of structure of fracture surface on samples of MIG-welded joints of AMg6 alloy after cyclic tests with loading cycle asymmetry Rs = 0.4 and Rs = -1 are given. Peculiarities of morphology in different fracture regions have been revealed and mechanism of fatigue crack propagation has been established. It is noted that fracture of the welded joints at a microlevel is of a mixed and multi-site nature. High-frequency peening in a narrow AMg6 alloy weld to base metal transition zone using steel strikers provides formation of a smoother geometry of the weld to base metal transition zone and decrease in average values of the stress concentration factor.
References 1. Vladimirov, V.I. (1984) Physical nature of metal fracture. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
2. Botvina, L.R. (1989) Kinetics of fracture of structural materials. Moscow: Nauka.
3. Ivanova, V.S., Botvina, L.R., Kudryashov, V.G. (1971) Strength and plasticity. Fracture under short-term loads. Ductile and brittle fracture: Results of science and technology. Series Metals Science and Heat Treatment. Moscow: VINITI.
4. Kotsanda, S. (1976) Fatigue fracture of metals. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
5. Yakovleva, T.Yu. (2003) Local plastic deformation and fatigue of metals. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
6. Herzberg, R.W. (1989) Deformation and fracture mechanics of structural materials. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
7. Lobanov, L.M., Kirian, V.I., Knysh, V.V. (2006) Increase in life of welded metal structures by high-frequency peening. Fiziko-Khimich. Mekhanika Materialiv, 1, 56-61.
8. Gordeeva, T.A., Zhegina, I.P. (1978) Analysis of fractures in evaluation of reliability of materials. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
9. Ivanova, V.S., Kudryashov, V.G., Kopeliovich, B.A. et al. (1974) Fractography and fracture toughness of aluminium and titanium alloys. Tekhnologiya Lyog. Splavov, 3, 65-70.
10. (1982) Fractography and atlas of fractographs: Refer. Book. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
11. (1987) Fractography as a means of diagnostics of fractured parts. Ed. by M.A. Balter. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
12. (1992) Improvement of welded metal structures. Ed. by M.M. Zherbin. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.