TPWJ, 2015, #7, 51-55 pages
New possibilities of radiation control of quality of welded joints
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 7, 2015 (July)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The digital technologies get ever wider application in various fields of engineering, including also in radiation control of quality of welded joints. In the work a high flaw detection efficiency of flash radiography and radiography without intermediate information carriers (films, memory plates) is shown, providing a low cost and ability to multi-angle real-time monitoring of inner defects of welded joints. At the same time the speed of control is significantly reduced. The portable equipment for implementation of this technology is described allowing achieving the sensitivity of up to 0.1 % of thickness of the inspected metal and resolution exceeding 10 pairs of lines per millimeter. 11 Ref., 4 Figures.
non-destructive testing, flash radiography, digital image, X-ray TV system, scintillator, CCD array, flat panel detector, inner defects of welded joints
- Troitsky, V.A. (2013) Flash radiography. Territoriya ND, Oct.-Dec., 44-49.
- Majorov, A.A. (2009) Digital technologies in radiation control. V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrolya, 3, 21-24.
- Troitsky, V.A., Mikhajlov, S.P., Pastovensky, R.A. et al. (2015) Modern systems of radiation nondestructive testing. Tekhn. Diagnostika i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 23-25.
- Stepanov, A.V., Lozhkova, D.S., Kosarina, E.S. (2010) Computer radiography of results of practical investigations of possibility to replace the film technologies, 11-14. Moscow: VIAM.
- Grudsky, A.Ya., Velichko, V.Ya. (2011) Digitizing of radiograms is not very simple. V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrolya, 4, 32-34.
- Tsvetkova, N.K., Novitskaya, K.A., Kologov, A.V. et al. (2014) Peculiarities of application of digital radiography complexes in nondestructive testing of casing production. Tekhnologiya Mashinostroeniya, 7, 47-50.
- Varlamov, A.N. (2014) Experience of operation of digital radiography complex in field conditions. V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrolya, 63, 25-28.
- Majorov, A.A. (2007) X-ray television in industrial NDT. Ibid., 35(1), 4-9.
- Zscherpel, U., Ewert, U., Bavendiek, K. (2007) Possibilities and limits of digital industrial radiology: The new high contrast sensitivity technique - Examples and system theoretical analysis. Lyon.
- GOST 27947-88: Nondestructive testing. X-ray TV method. General requirements. Moscow.
- GOST 29025-91: X-ray TV detectors. General technical requirements. Moscow.