“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contents of the issue
Evaluation of damage of all-welded longitudinal main beams of the E.O. Paton bridge across the Dnipro river
V.D. Poznyakov, V.P. Dyadin, Ye.O. Davydov and R.I. Dmytrienko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Abstract The problem of general evaluation of technical condition of main longitudinal beams of the E.O. Paton Bridge was
considered based on the results of selective non-destructive testing of truss elements. It is shown that the main cause of
damage to the elements of the main beams is corrosion of the nodal welded joints in the places of debris accumulation.
High quality of welded butt joints made by automatic and semi-automatic submerged arc welding was noted. 10 Ref.,
Keywords: E.O. Paton Bridge, main beams, welded joint, corrosion, non-destructive testing, technical diagnostics,
automatic and semi-automatic welding, damage to welded joints
1. Anderson, W.E. (1969) An engineer views brittle fracture history.
2. Biggs, W.D. (1960) The brittle fracture of steel. Mc. Donald
3. (1953) Report on prefabrication of span elements of Kiev city
bridge at Dniepropetrovsk Molotov Plant. Kiev, PWI library
4. (1953) Report on site welding of spans of Kiev E.O. Paton
bridge across the Dnieper. Ibid. [in Russian].
5. Lobanov, L.M., Kyrian, V.I. (2013) The E.O. Paton allwelded
bridge is sixty years old. The Paton Welding J., 12, 33‒38.
6. Lobanov, L.M., Kirian, V.I., Shumitsky, O.I. (2003) Fifty
years of the E.O. Paton bridge. Ibid., 10‒11,12‒20.
7. Shimanovskyi, O.V., Kotlubei, D.O., Shalinskyi, V.V. (2018)
The E.O.Paton bridge: Current state and prospects. Promyslove
Budivnytstvo ta Inzhenerni Sporudy, 1, 2–9 [in
8. Shimanovskyi, O.V., Kotlubei, D.O., Shalinskyi, V.V. (2018)
Emergency situation of the E.O.Paton bridge and measures
for its solution. Ibid., 4, 30–33.
9. Poznyakov, V.D., Dyadin, V.P., Davydov, Ye.O., Dmytrienko, R.I. (2021) Technical state of metal structures of the main girders of E.O.Paton bridge across the Dnipro in Kiev. Ibid., 1, 9-17 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.37434/as2021.07.06 10. (1989) Textbook on design of reinforcement of steel structures
(to SNiP II-23-81*). Ukrniiproektstalkonstruktsiya. Moscow,
Stojizdat [in Russian].