Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #7, 2016, pp. 41-45
Modeling and calculation of welded stiffeners in fabrication of large-sized items for metallurgical production
A.V. Loza, V.V. Chigarev And A.N. Serenko
Priazovsky State Technical University, 7 Respublika Lane, 87500, Mariupol, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The main causes for formation of cracks and local sagging in cast large-sized case structures used in metallurgy are considered. Modeling of stress-strain state of the most loaded zones of slag carrier bowls in operation was performed. It is shown that to reduce residual deformations of cast bowls, it is necessary to apply additional stiffeners in the form of welded-on ribs. Calculation was used to determine the required parameters of stiffeners and welds. 7 Ref., 8 Figures.
cast items, thermal loads, slag carrier bowl, deformation, stiffeners
- Zhegur, A.A., Repyakh, S.I. (2010) On supply of T-shaped thermal centers in investment casting. Proizvodstvo, 12, 15–19.
- Artyukh, V.G. (2008) Loads and overloads in metallurgical machines: Monography. Mariupol: PGTU.
- (1989) Reference book on grades of steels and alloys. Ed. by V.G. Sorokin. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Goritsky, V.M. (1987) On causes of crack formation in bodies of oxygen-blow vessels. i Gornor. Promyshlennost, 1, 57–60.
- Loza, A.V., Chigarev, V.V., Rassokhnin, D.A. et al. (2015) Study of deformation in final slabs during continuous steel casting. Izvestiya Vuzov. Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 58(3), 197–202.
- Nikolaev, G.A., Vinokurov, V.A. (1990) Welded structures. Calculation and design: Manual. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola.
- Serenko, A.N., Krumboldt, M.N., Bagryansky, K.V. (1977) Calculation of welded joints and structures. Examples and problems. Kiev: Vyshcha Shkola.