Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #10, 2016, pp. 44-46
Induction device for heat treatment of welded joints of railway rails
E.A. Pantelejmonov and R.S. Gubatyuk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper studies the design peculiarities of induction device for heat treatment of welded joints of railway rails and gives the results of its testing. The device uses the inductors with magnetic cores and matching transformers, developed and manufactured at PWI. The inductors are located opposite one another from rail sides. Inductive wire of the inductor is divided for two parallel conductors, which follow the shape of rail surface, surround part of running surface, inner edge of rail head, rail web and part of rail flange with increased air gaps in area of rail web and blades. The magnetic cores are located over rail head running surface, inner edges of head, web and lower surface of rail flange. Testing of induction device at 2.4 kHz current frequency showed uniform distribution of temperature field in rail section and absence of overheating of rail blades. Heating of rail zone of 50–55 mm width to 850–910 °C temperature took 140 s. Nominal power of supply source is 90 kW. 7 Ref., 4 Figures 4.
rails, rail welded joints, heat treatment, induction heating, inductor
- Genkin, I.Z. (2003) Heat treatment of rail welded joints in induction units. The Paton Welding J., 9, 38–41.
- Nesterov, D.K., Sapozhkov, V.E., Levchenko, N.F. et al. (1990) Heat treatment of rail steel using induction heating. Metallovedenie i Termicheskaya Obrabotka Metallov, 8, 30–34. https://doi.org/10.1007/bf00700711
- Rezanov, V.A., Fedin, V.M., Bashlykov, A.V. et al. (2013) Differential quenching of rail welded joints. Vestnik VNIIZhT, 2, 28–33.
- Fedin, V.M. (2005) Development of new technological equipment for restoration of used rails. Ibid., 4, 22–25.
- Slukhotsky, A.E., Ryskin, S.G. (1974) Inductors for induction heating. Leningrad: Energiya.
- Pismenny, A.S., Pantelejmonov, E.A., Prokofiev, A.S. et al. (2000) Design of an inductor with a magnetic core for heating flat surfaces. The Paton Welding J., 11, 41–45.
- Pantelejmonov, E.A. Induction device for heat treatment of rail welded joints. 109123 UA. Int. Cl. K C 21D1/10. Publ. 10.08.2016.