Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #9, 2017, pp. 40-47
Structure and properties of alloyed powders based on Fe3Al intermetallic for thermal spraying produced using mechanochemical synthesis method
Yu.S. Borisov1, A.L. Borisova1, A.N. Burlachenko1, T.V. Tsymbalistaya1 and C. Senderowski2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Military University of Technology in Warsaw Warsaw, Poland. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical-chemical processes taking place in formation of particles of iron intermetallics based on Fe3
Al alloyed with Cr, Zr, Mg, La and Ti under mechanochemical synthesis conditions were investigated. It is determined that the process of synthesis of alloyed powders passes a range of sequential stages with formation of solid solutions and finishes with formation of single-phase Fe3
Al(Cr, Zr), Fe3
Al (Mg), Fe3
Al (mg, La) and (Fe, Ti)3
Al products with nanodispersed structure (size of CSA = 10–30 nm). The powders are designed for deposition of heat-resistant FeAl-coatings using thermal spraying and electric arc metallizing methods. 12 Ref., 2 Tables, 10 Figures.
iron-based intermetallics, alloying, mechanochemical synthesis, powders, structure, properties, thermal spraying
- Sinelnikova, V.S., Podergin, V.A., Rechkin, V.N. (1965) Aluminides. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Deevi, S.C., Sikka, V.K. (1996) Nickel and iron aluminides: An overview on properties, processing and applications. Intermetallics, 4, 357–375. https://doi.org/10.1016/0966-9795(95)00056-9
- Stoloff, N.S. (1998) Iron aluminides: present status and future prospects. Sci. Eng., A, 258, 1–14.
- Palm, M. (2005) Concepts derived from phase diagram studies for the strengthening of Fe–Al-based alloys. Intermetallics, 13, 1286–1295. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2004.10.015
- Hadef, F. (2016) Solid-state reactions during mechanical alloying of ternary Fe–Al–X (X = Ni, Mn, Cu, Ti, Cr, B, Si systems: A review. Magn. Magn. Mater., 419, 105–118. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmmm.2016.06.021
- Guilemany, J.M., Cinca, N., Cassas, L., Molins, E. (2009) Ordering and disordering processes in MA and MM intermetallic iron aluminide powders. Mater. Sci., 44, 2152–2161. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10853-009-3296-z
- Borisova, A.L., Adeeva, L.I., Tunik, A.Yu. et al. (2009) Investigation of powders of Al–Cu–Fe–Ti–Cr–Si system for thermal spraying produced by mechanochemical synthesis with subsequent annealing. Metallurgiya, 9–10, 31–42.
- Borisov, Yu.S., Borisova, A.L., Adeeva, L.I. et al. (2010) Production of powders for thermal coatings by methods of mechanical alloying and mechanochemical synthesis. Proizvodstvo, 12, 18–22.
- Magnef, A., Offergeld, E., Leroy, M., Lefort, A. (1998) Fe–Al intermetallic coating application to thermal energy conversion advanced systems. In: of 15th ITSC (Nice, France), 1091–1096.
- Xiao, Ch. (2006) Sulfidation resistance of CeO2-modified HVOF sprayed Fe-Al coatings at 700 o Surf. Coat. Technol., 201, 3625–3632. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2006.08.138
- Borisova, A.L., Timofeeva, I.I., Vasilkovskaya, M.A. et al. (2015) Phase and structure transformations in formation of powders of FeAl system intermetallics using mechanochemical synthesis method. Metallurgiya, 7–8, 135–143.
- Rafiei, M., Enayati, M.N., Karimzadeh, F. (2009) Caracterization and formation mechanism of nanocrystalline (Fe, Ti)3Al intermetallic compound prepared by mechanical alloying. of Alloys and Compounds, 480, 392–396. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2009.02.072