Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2018, pp. 42-47
Application of the method of microplasma spraying for manufacturing resistance heating element
Yu.S. Borisov, S.G. Vojnarovich, A.N. Kislitsa, S.N. Kalyuzhny and V.Yu. Glukhovsky
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper gives a description of producing a resistance heating element from multilayer coatings, which were deposited on a steel base by the method of microplasma spraying. TiO2
in the form of powder with particles of 15–40 mm size was used to deposit narrow resistive paths. A sublayer from Al2
with 40 mm particle size was deposited to provide electrical insulation from the steel base. Performed testing of resistance heating elements showed their serviceability up to the temperature of 200 ºC at specific power of 75 W. Increase of heating temperature of resistance heating element in air above 230 ºC leads to loss of electrical conductivity. The main possible areas for such resistance heating element application are mechanical engineering, chemical and radioelectronic industries. Performed experiment allowed demonstrating the fundamental possibility of manufacturing resistance heating elements with resistive paths from TiO2
with application of microplasma spraying technology. 18 Ref., 1 Table, 5 Figures.
electric heater, resistance heating element, titanium dioxide, microplasma spraying
- Scheitz, S., Toma, F.-L., Berger, L.-M. (2011) Thermally sprayed multilayer ceramic heating elements. Thermal Spray Bull., 2, 88–92.
- Baranovsky, N.D., Sharonov, E.A., Vannovsky, V.V. (1991) Electrical properties of plasma coatings for plane heating elements. In: Proc. of Mathematical Conf. on Thermal Spraying in Industry of USSR and Abroad (Leningrad, 27–29 May 1991). Leningrad, LD NTP, 60–61 [in Russian].
- Dostanko, A.P., Vityaz, P.A. (2001) Plasma processes in manufacture of electronic engineering products. Minsk, FU AINFORM [in Russian].
- Ivanov, A.S., Lebedev, Yu.P. (2005) Heating block for household electric appliances. Pat. 2246804 RF [in Russian].
- Heating elements of ONIX Company. http://mef.narod.ru/nagrev.htm [in Russian].
- Gonenko, T.V., Khatsevsky, V.F., Khatsevsky, K.V. (2010) Engineering method of calculation of multi-track heaters. Vestnik PGU, 3, 30–34 [in Russian].
- Khoroshikh, V.M., Belous, V.A. (2009) Films of titanium dioxide for photocatalysis and medicine. Fizicheskaya Inzheneriya Poverkhnosti, 7(3), 223–238 [in Russian].
- Pasynkov, V.V., Sorokin, V.S. (2001) Materials of electronic engineering: Manual. St.-Petersburg, Lan [in Russian].
- Vashkevich, F.F., Spalnik, A.Ya., Pluzhko, I.A. (2009) Electrothermic insulation of inductors for internal heating of tubular billets. In: Building, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering. Dnepropetrovsk, PGASA, 4–6 [in Russian].
- Lyasnikov, V.N., Perov, V.V., Lavrova, V.N. (1977) Application of plasma-arc spraying of alundum in manufacture of cathode-heating unit. Elektronnaya Tekhnika. Ser. Elektronika SVCh, 4, 85-87 [in Russian].
- Baklanov, D.I., Belyajkov, I.N., Virnik, A.M. et al. (1996) Method of manufacturing of resistive heating element. Pat. 2066514 RF, Int. Cl. H 05 B 3/12 [in Russian].
- Vojnarovich, S.G. (2012) Examination of shape and size of spraying spot and metalizing figure under conditions of microplasma spraying of hydroxyapatite coating. Vestnik NUK, 3, 81–84 [in Russian]
- Samsonov, G.V., Epik, L.P. (1973) Refractory coatings. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
- Borisov, Yu.S., Pereverzev, Yu.N., Bobrik, V.G., Vojnarovich, S.G. (1999) Deposition of narrow-band coatings by microplasma spraying method. Svarka, 6, 53–55 [in Russian].
- Kislitsa, A.N., Kuzmich-Yanchuk, E.K., Kislitsa, N.Yu. (2009) Producing narrow paths by microplasma spraying method from Ni–Cr wire. In: Abstr. of Papers of All-Ukrainian Sci.-Tekhn. Conf. of Young Scientists and Specialists on Welding and Related Technologies (Kiev, 27–29 May 2009), 94 [in Russian].
- GOST 1516.1–76: A.c. electric equipment for 3–500 kV voltage [in Russian].
- Barabanova, E.V., Zaborovsky, K.M., Posadova, E.M., Kastro, R.A. (2013) Influence of porosity on electrophysical properties of PZT ceramics. Izvestiya A.I.Gertsen GPU, 157, 79–83 [in Russian].
- Zheglova, A.I. (1994) Synthesis and electrical properties of oxide ceramics for application in electronics. In: Syn. of Thesis of Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev [in Russian]. http://tekhnosfera.com/sintez-i-elektricheskie-svojstva-oksidnoykeramiki-dlya-primeneniya-v-elektronike.