Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), № 3, 2018, pp. 13-17
G. A. Tsybulkin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv.
Effect of own magnetic fields on electric
arcs in tandem-arc welding
Considered is an effect of own magnetic fields on spatial position of arcs appearing in their deviation from electrode axial lines in automatic tandem-arc welding. The main aim of work is obtaining the dependencies of indicated deviations on arc lengths and welding currents in analytical form. In scope of this problem the conditions were found that limit a relationship between welding currents. Their neglecting can result in arc «adhesion» or their extinction in process of welding. In particular, the relationship between height («amplitude») of welding current of one arc and basic current of another one should not exceed specific limit in pulse tandem-arc consumable electrode welding. 9 Ref., 1 Fig.
: tandem-arc welding, consumable electrode, electromagnetic interaction of arcs
- Dilthey, U., Stein, L., Woeste, K. et al. (2003) Latest developments and trends in high-efficient welding technologies. The Paton Welding J., 10-11, 146-152.
- Tikhodeev, G.M. (1961) Energy properties of welding electric arc. Moscow-Leningrad, Izd-vo AN SSSR [in Russian].
- Bachelis, I.A. (1963) On calculation of welding arc deviation in constant transverse magnetic field. Proizvodstvo, 7, 8-11 [in Russian].
- Kovalev, I.M. (1965) Welding arc deviation in constant transverse magnetic field. Ibid., 10, 4-6 [in Russian].
- Leskov, G.I. (1970) Welding electric arc. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Lenivkin, V.A. et al. (1989) Technological properties of welding arc in shielding gases. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Yachikov, I.M., Kostylyova, E.M. (2014) Mathematical modeling of arcs shape in their electromagnetic interaction. Vuzov. Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 1, 59-64 [in Russian].
- Ueyama, T., Ohnawa, T., Yamazaki, K. et al. (2005) High-speed welding of steel sheets by the tandem pulsed gas metal arc welding system. of JWRI, 34(1), 11-18.
- Tsybulkin, G.A. (2014) Adaptive control in welding. Kiev, Stal [in Russian].