Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), № 4, 2018, pp. 7-13
V.V. Kvasnitskii1,3, V.F. Kvasnitskii2, Dong Chunlin3,
M.V. Matvienko2, G.V. Ermolaev2
NTUU «Igor Sikorskii Kiev Polytechnic Institute».
37 Pobedi prosp., 03056, Kiev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admiral Makarov National University of Shipbuilding.
9 Heroev Ukrainy prosp., 54025, Nikolaev.
E-mail: welding @nuos.edu.ua
China-Ukraine E.O. Paton Institute of Welding.
Guangzhou, P.R.China. E-mail: email@example.com
Stressed state of welded and brazed components from similar materials with
a soft interlayer under axial loading
Computer modeling method was used to study the stressed state in components, manufactured by diffusion welding and brazing, under the impact of axial load. Cylindrical components from steel with a copper interlayer are considered under loading above the copper yield point. It is shown that formation of a complex stressed state resulted in the level of equivalent stresses decreasing in the interlayer compared to the applied axial load, and increasing in a small zone of base metal near the outer surface at the butt with the interlayer that causes the effect of strengthening (unloading) of the interlayer and softening (overloading) of base metal. Quantitative dependencies of the degree of interlayer strengthening and base metal softening on outer load magnitude were derived. It is found that at the elastoplasic stage of component loading base metal softening is less pronounced, than at the elastic stage. Degree of interlayer strengthening at the elastic stage of its work does not depend on the magnitude of outer load, and at the elastoplastic stage it is increased in proportion to the load. 9 Ref., 5 Fig.
: welded and brazed components, soft interlayer, computer modeling, stressed state, force loading
- Bakshi, O.A., Shron, R.Z. (1962) Strength at static tension of welded joints with soft interlayer. Proizvodstvo, 5, 6–10 [in Russian].
- Bakshi, O.A., Kachanov, L.M. (1965) On stress state of plastic interlayer at axisymmetric deformation. AN SSSR. Mekhanika, 2, 134–137 [in Russian].
- Bakshi, O.A., Shron, R.Z. (1971) On calculated evaluation of strength of welded joints with soft interlayer. Proizvodstvo, 3, 3–5 [in Russian].
- Makhnenko, V.I., Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Yermolayev, G.V. (2009) Stress-strain state in diffusion welding of materials with different physico-mechanical properties. In: Proc. of 4th Int. Conf. on Mathematical Modeling and Information Technologies in Welding and Related Processes (27–30 May 2008, Katsiveli, Ukraine). Ed. by V.I. Makhnenko. Kiev, PWI, 95–102.
- Makhnenko, V.I., Kvasnytskyi,V.V. (2009) Peculiarities of formation of stress-strain state in diffusion bonds between dissimilar materials. The Paton Welding J., 8, 7–11.
- Kolesar, I.A., Yermolayev, G.V. (2014) Stress-strain state at force and temperature loading of assemblies from dissimilar steels with soft interlayer. , 8, 21–25.
- Yermolayev, G.V., Martynenko, V.A., Olekseenko, S.V. et al. (2017) Effect of the rigid interlayer thickness on the stress-strain of metal-graphite assemblies under thermal loading. Strength of Materials, 49(3), 422–428. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-017-9882-4
- Kopelman, L.A. (2010) Fundamentals of strength theory of welded structures: Manual. 2nd Ed. St.-Petersburg, Lan [in Russian].
- Yermolayev, G.V., Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Kvasnytskyi, V.F. et al. (2015) Brazing of materials. Ed. by V.F. Khorunov et al. Mykolayiv, NUK [in Ukrainian].