Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), # 7, 2018, pp. 24-30
Technical parameters and features of manufacturing high-pressure vessels for natural gas transportation
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Considered are technical capabilities of simplified manufacture of all-metal welded high-pressure vessels for transportation of natural gas by means of application of produced 351-610 mm diameter pipes from increased strength steels. Dimension-weight parameters and stresses in vessel wall depending on steel strength are determined. The structure, structure-mechanical inhomogeneity and fatigue resistance of the welded joints were examined. Elimination of rolling, welding, thermal-mechanical treatment, thermal treatment of shell from the technological process and formation of outer fiberglass casing as well as reduction of wall thickness, diameter and weight provides significant simplification of vessel manufacture, reduction of amount of passes and duration of welding of circumferential welds, power consumption. 25 Ref., 1 Tabl., 5 Fig.
all-metal high-pressure vessels, pipes, stresses, welded joints, structure, mechanical properties, cyclic strength, dimension-weight indices
1. Paton, B.E., Savitsky, M.M., Savitsky, A.M. et al. (2014) Effectiveness of natural gas transportation by sea at application of high pressure welded cylinders. The Paton Welding J., 8, 47–53. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.08.08
2. Blinkov, A.N., Vlasov, A.A. (2006) Compressed gas transportation by sea. New possibilities for field development of natural gas in shelf. Morskaya Birzha, 2, 65–69 [in Russian].
3. Blinkov, A.N., Vlasov, A.A., Latsis, A.V., Shurnyak, V.K. (2007) New technology of gas transportation by sea: State-of the-art, problems, perspectives. Registra Sudokhodstva, St.-Petersburg, 30, 127–162 [in Russian].
4. Ren, Ch.G., Zelenskaya, E.V. (2011) Review of existing methods of natural gas transportation for long distances and assessment of their application. Neft, Gaz i Biznes, 3, 3–9 [in Russian].
5. Zajtsev, Val. V., Zajtsev, V.A., Kotova, E.V., Skripnichenko, K.S. (2010) Analysis of specifics of requirements of classification societies to ships transporting compressed natural gas. Nauk. Prats NUK, Mykolaiv, 5(434), 11–18 [in Russian].
6. Savitsky, M.M., Savitsky, A.M., Suprunenko, V.A. et al. (2013) Determination of parameters of light-weight welded cylinders for cargo system of CNG carriers. Elektronny Vestnik NUK, 1, 4–11 [in Russian].
7. Savytsky, M.M., Kulyk, V.M., Lupan, A.P. et al. (2008) Method of manufacture of composite cylinder. Pat. 83095 Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
8. Kulyk, V.M., Savytsky, M.M., Elagin, V.P., Demchenko, E.L. (2012) Method of manufacture of composite vessel. Pat. 100273 Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
9. Kulik, V.M., Savitsky, M.M., Elagin, V.P., Demchenko, E.L. (2011) Capabilities of application of high-strength low-alloy pipe steels for manufacture of high-pressure vessels. The Paton Welding J., 2, 43-47.
10. Kulyk, V.M., Savytsky, M.M., Suprunenko, V.O. (2016) Combined cylinder. Pat. 11268 Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
11. Tukhbatullin, F.B., Galiullin, Z.T., Karpov, S.V. et al. (2001) Low-alloy steels for main gas pipelines and their resistance to fracture. Rev. Ser. Transport and overhead storage of gases. Moscow, IRTs Gazprom [in Russian].
12. Bayer, D., Flus, P., Amoris, E. et al. (2006) Microstructure and characterisctics of pipe steels after thermal and mechanical treatment. Novosti Chyorn. Metallurgii za Rubezhom, 4, 65–76 [in Russian].
13. Nabuki, I., Shigeri, E., Jos, K. (2006) UOE pipes with high characteristics for main pipelines. Ibid., 77–80 [in Russian].
14. (1998) Regulations of design and safe operation of pressure vessels. Kiev [in Ukrainian].
15. Pisarenko, G.S., Agarev, V.A., Kvitka, A.L. et al. (1967) Strength of materials. Ed. by G.S. Pisarenko. Kiev, GITL Ukr. SSR [in Russian].
16. (2008) STO Gazprom 2-2.3-184-2007: Procedure on calculation and substantiation of safety and stability factors of main gas pipelines at the stage of service and maintenance. Moscow [in Russian].
17. Paton, B.E., Savitsky, M.M., Savichenko, A.A., Suprunenko, V.A. (2009) High-pressure vessels for natural gas. In: Problems of welding, related processes and technologies. Nikolaev, 89–90 [in Russian].
18. Kakhovsky, N.I., Fartushny, V.G., Yushchenko, K.A. (1975) Electric arc welding of steels: Book. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
19. Kulyk, V.M. Savytsky, M.M., Lupan, A.P., Chertorylsky, L.O. (2007) Method of multipass nonconsumable electrode welding. Pat. 81953 Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
20. Kulik, V.M., Savitsky, M.M., Lupan, A.F. et al. (2007) Argonarc welding of billets of shafts for metallurgical equipment. The Paton Welding J., 10, 28–32.
21. Rybakov, A.A., Filipchuk, T.N., Kostin, V.A. (2015) Peculiarities of microstructure and impact toughness of metal of welded joints of pipes of high-strength steel with niobium and molybdenum. Ibid., 3-4, 16–23. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.04.02
22. Kulik, V.M., Vasiliev, V.G., Grigorenko, G.M. et al. (2007) Phase and structural transformations in welding and arc treatment of 30KhGSA steel joints. Ibid., 9, 6–10.
23. Savitsky, M.M., Savichenko, A.A., Kulik, V.M. et al. (2007) Light-weight welded cylinders for motor transport. Ibid., 1, 43.
24. Serensen, S.V., Shnejderovich, R.M., Gusenkov, A.P. et al. (1975) Strength under low-cycle loading. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
25. Trufyakov, V.I. (1973) Fatigue of welded joints. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].