Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #9, 2019, pp. 26-30
High cycle fatigue property of electron beam welded thick section of Ti-6Al-4V plates
Zhang YP, Dong CL, Wang YQ, Hou B, Yu C, Fang WP, Xu WH
Advanced Materials Centre, Guangdong Welding Institute (China-Ukraine E.O. Paton Institute of Welding).
Guangzhou, 510651 PR. China. E-mail: email@example.com
The 100 mm thickness Ti-6Al-4V plates were welded by the electron beam (EBW) method. Microstructures and mechanical properties including tensile and fatigue fracture behavior of the joint have been studied. The results shown that the joint has obviously textural and mechanical heterogeneity in the thickness direction, the joint show excellent fatigue resistance though the middle layer of the joint has lower fatigue life at the same stress and survival rate. The fatigue crack initiates from the free surface of the specimen by the transgranular fracture mode. The fatigue deformation depicted by the dislocations of the joint in each layer is adapt to the planar-slip mechanism. 6 Ref., 1 Tabl., 5 Fig.
Ti-6Al-4V, microstructure, mechanical property, fatigue
Надійшла до редакції 01.07.2019
1. Zhang HT, He P, Feng JC and Wu HQ, (2006) Interfacial microstructure and strength of the dissimilar joint Ti3Al/TC4 welded by the electron beam process. Mater. Sci. and Eng. A 425, 255-259. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2006.03.048
2. Barreda JL, Santamar Hma F, Azpiroz X, Irisarri AM, and Varona JM, (2001) Electron beam welded high thickness Ti6Al4V plates using filler metal of similar and different composition to the base plate. Vacuum, 62, 143-150. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0042-207X(00)00454-1
3. Hu MJ and Liu JH, (2009) Effect of zonal heat treatment on residual stresses and mechanical properties of electron beam welded TC4 alloy plates. Transact. Nonferrous Met. Soc. China, 19, 324-329. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1003-6326(08)60272-1
4. Lu W, Shi YW, Lei YP and Li XY, (2012) Effect of electron beam welding on the microstructures and mechanical properties of thick TC4-DT alloy. Materials and Design, 34, 509-515. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2011.09.004
5. Li QH, Hu SB and Li XZ et. al., (2010) Microstructure heterogeneity and fatigue property of weld joints of TC4 titanium alloy. Mat. Eng. China, 1, 62-68.
6. Paris, P., Erdogan, F. (1963) A critical analysis of crack growth laws. J. of Basic Eng., Transact. of the ASME, 85, 528-5341. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3656900