Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #11, 2020, pp. 9-13
Nature of distribution of non-metallic inclusions in structural components of weld metal while using arc welding methods
V. V. Holovko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to give an expert evaluation of properties of welded joints, for today, a large number of computerized programs were
developed to predict the structural composition of weld metal and their mechanical properties. Usually, such programs are
based on multifactor analysis of the processes occurring in the welding arc, thermodynamics and kinetics of processes in the
welding pool. It should be noted that during the analysis of crystallization and recrystallization reactions in the weld metal
in such programs, as a rule, the nature of the distribution of non-metallic inclusions in the structural components is not taken
into account. There are many studies that show a noticeable effect of inclusions depending on whether they are present at the
boundaries or in the body of the grains. The need to take into account the probability of finding non-metallic inclusions in the
body of structural grains or at their boundaries during the formation of numerical models, which will increase the compliance
of the predicted data with experimental results of determining the mechanical properties of weld metal. 5 Ref., 5 Fig.
Key words: metallurgical science, low-alloy steels, welds, microstructure, numerical modeling, non-metallic inclusions
1. Sarma, D.S., Karasev, A.V., Jönsson, P.G. (2009) On the Role of Non-metallic Inclusions in the Nucleation of Acicular Ferrite in Steels. ISIJ International, 49, 7, 1063-1074. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.49.1063
2. Cortés, V.H.V., Guerrero, G.A., Granados, I.M. et al. (2019) Effect of Retained Austenite and Non-Metallic Inclusions on the Mechanical Properties of Resistance Spot Welding Nuggets of Low-Alloy TRIP Steels. Metals, 9, 9, 1064; DOI:10.3390/met9101064. https://doi.org/10.3390/met9101064
3. Ignatova, A., Ignatov, M. (2015) The Measurement of Hardness and Elastic Modulus of non-Metallic Inclusions in Steely Welding Joints. TEM J., 4, 3, 314-318.
4. Pimenov, A.V. (2015) On influence of nonmetallic inclusions on toughness of low-alloy metal at low temperatures. Voprosy Materialovadeniya, 1, 81, 108-110 [in Russian].
5. Kartashov, M.F., Ignatova, A.M., Fedoseeva, E.M., Ignatov, M.N. (2014) Characteristic of nonmetallic inclusions in welded joints of gas-and-oil pipelines. Neftegazovoe Delo: Electron. J., 2, 80-94 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.17122/ogbus-2014-2-80-94
Advertising in this issue: