Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #12, 2020, pp. 30-36
Development of remotely-controlled equipment and technology for laser welding and restoration of performance of NPS steam generators
V.D. Shelyagin, A.V. Bernatskyi, O.V. Siora, V.A. Kurilo, O.M. Suchek
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Control straight butt joints of 10Kh18N10T and 10Kh17N13M3T steel blanks were welded in the vertical position with incomplete
penetration by the thickness. Visual and radiographic examination, and metallographic investigations were performed, and welded
joint microhardness was determined. Parameters of technological welding modes of the studied circumferential welded joints
were established. Conditions of compliance with quality category «high B» of DSTU EN ISO 13919–1:2015 standard were the
criterion for selection of appropriate parameters of the modes of laser welding of circumferential butt joints. As a result of work
performance, it is shown that the point of welding start influences the dimensions of the weld section, in which the welding
process is stabilized, and specified penetration depth is achieved. The techniques developed by the authors were verified on
simulator-samples during experimental-industrial trials of the prototype of remotely-controlled equipment developed for repair
and restoration of performance of PGV-1000М type steam generators. 18 Ref., 2 Tabl., 9 Fig.
repair of NPS generators, heat-exchanger tubes, laser welding, technology, equipment
1. Kvasnytskyi, V.V., Kvasnytskyi, V.F., Hexing, C. et al. (2018). Diffusion welding and brazing of dissimilar materials with controlled stress-strain state. The Paton Welding J., 12, 70-76. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.12.07
2. Wu, Q., Xu, Q., Jiang, Y., Gong, J. (2020). Effect of carbon migration on mechanical properties of dissimilar weld joint. Engineering Failure Analysis, 117, 104935. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2020.104935
3. Kvasnitsky, V.V., Kvasnitsky, V.F., Markashova, L.I., Matvienko, M.V. (2014) Effect of stress-strain state on structure and properties of joints in diffusion welding of dissimilar metals. The Paton Welding J., 8, 8-14. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.08.01
4. (2018) State Enterprise «National Nuclear Energy Generating Company «Energoatom». Strategic plan of development of State Enterprise «National Nuclear Energy Generating Company «Energoatom» for 2018-2022 [in Ukrainian]. http://www.energoatom.com.ua/files/file/strateg_chniy_plan_2018_2022_04042018.pdf
5. Steam generator PGV-1000M. Description and main characteristics. http://desnogorskspektr.ru/aes/teoriya-aes/parogenerator-pgv-1000m.-opisanie-i-osnovnye-harakteristiki.html [in Russian].
6. Shugailo, O.P. (2019) Stress-strain state steam generator tubular elements in emergencies. In: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Tekhn. Sci. Degree. Kyiv, IM [in Ukrainian].
7. Margulova, T.Kh. (1984) Nuclear power stations. Moscow, Vysshaya Shkola [in Russian].
8. Zarazovsky, M.N., Borodij, M.V., Kozlov, V.Ya. (2016) Risk-oriented approach to prediction of integrity and optimization of control of heat-exchange equipment with large defect statistics. Yaderna ta Radiatsiina Bezpeka, 4, 32-38 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.32918/nrs.2016.4(72).05
9. IAEA-TECDOC-1577. (2007). Strategy for assessment of WWER steam generator tube integrity. Vienna, IAEA.
10. Xiang, J., Chen, F.F., Park, H. et al. (2020). Numerical study of the metal vapour transport in tungsten inert-gas welding in argon for stainless steel. Applied Mathematical Modelling, 79, 713-728. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2019.11.001
11. Kumar, S.R., Ravishankar, B., Vijay, M. (2020). Prediction and analysis of magnetically impelled arc butt welded dissimilar metal. Materials Today: Proceedings, 27, 2037- 2041. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2019.09.054
12. Selvan, C.P.T., Dinaharan, I., Palanivel, R., Kalaiselvan, K. (2020). Predicting the tensile strength and deducing the role of processing conditions of hot wire gas tungsten arc welded pure nickel tubes using an empirical relationship. Int. J. Pressure Vessels and Piping, 188, 104220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpvp.2020.104220
13. Sahul, M., Tomčíková, E., Sahul, M. et al. (2020). Effect of disk laser beam offset on the microstructure and mechanical properties of copper - AISI 304 stainless steel dissimilar metals joints. Metals, 10, 10, 1294.4 https://doi.org/10.3390/met10101294
14. Ramakrishna R., V.S.M., Amrutha, P.H.S.L.R., Rahman Rashid, R.A., Palanisamy, S. (2020). Narrow gap laser welding (NGLW) of structural steels - a technological review and future research recommendations. Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol. 111, 2277-2300. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-020-06230-9
15. Shelyagin, V.D., Bernatskyi, A.V., Berdnikova, O.M. et al. Effect of Technological Features of Laser Welding of TitaniumAluminium Structures on the Microstructure Formation of Welded Joints. Metallofiz. Noveishie Tekhnol, 42, 363- 379. https://doi.org/10.15407/mfint.42.03.0363
16. Li, L., Mi, G., Zhang, X. et al. (2019). The influence of induction pre-heating on microstructure and mechanical properties of S690QL steel joints by laser welding. Optics & Laser Technology, 119, 105606. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2019.105606
17. Soltani, H.M., Tayebi, M. (2018). Comparative study of AISI 304L to AISI 316L stainless steels joints by TIG and Nd: YAG laser welding. J. of Alloys and Compounds, 767, 112-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.06.302
18. Technologies for non-destructive testing and repair of NPP components. NUSIM 2008 VUJE. https://inis.iaea.org/collection/NCLCollectionStore/_Public/43/124/43124116.pdf.
Advertising in this issue: