Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #1, 2021, pp. 9-13
Influence of irregular cyclic load on fatigue resistance of thinsheet welded joints of heat-strengthened aluminium alloys
V.V. Knysh, І.М. Klochkov, S.I. Motrunich, A.G. Poklyatsky
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The influence of irregular narrow-band cyclic load on fatigue resistance of welded joints of heat-strengthened aluminium alloys with
a thickness of 1.8…2.0 mm produced by argon arc welding using non-consumable electrode (AAWNCE) and friction stir welding
(FSW) was studied. The main mechanical properties of the produced welded joints of aluminium D16, 1420 and 1460 alloys were
determined. The fatigue curves of the investigated welded joints at narrow-band cyclic block-program load with close to normal
(Gaussian) and exponential distribution of stress amplitude were plotted. It is shown that the strength and fatigue resistance of
welded joints of the investigated aluminium alloys produced by FSW exceed the corresponding values for the joints produced by
AAWNCE in the whole range of service life of 105… 2∙106 cycles of stress changes. 15 Ref., 3 Tabl., 8 Fig.
aluminium alloys, argon arc welding using non-consumable electrode, friction stir welding, mechanical properties,
fatigue resistance, irregular cyclic loads
1. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Labur, T.M. (2013) Welding of modern structures of aluminium alloys. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Ishchenko, A.Ya. (2003) Aluminium high-strength alloys for welded structures. Progresyvni Materialy i Tekhnologii, 1, 50-82 [in Russian].
3. Adrian, P. (2012) Mouritz introduction to aerospace materials. Woodhead Publishing Ltd.
4. Fridlyander, I.N., Sister, V.G., Grushko, O.E. et al. (2002) Aluminum alloys: Promising materials in the automotive industry. Metal Sci. and Heat Treatment, Sept. 44, 365-370. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021901715578
5. Gureeva, M.A., Grushko, O.E., Ovchinnikov, V.V. (2008) Welded aluminium alloys in structures of transport facilities. Moscow, VIAM, October, 51-82 [in Russian].
6. Drits, A.M., Ovchinnikov, V.V. (2003) Comparative investigations of properties of welded joints of Russian and American aluminium-lithium alloys. Tsvetnye Metally, 12, 71-77 [in Russian].
7. Threadgill, P.L., Leonard, A.J., Shercliff, H.R., Withers, P.J. (2009) Friction stir welding of aluminium alloys. J. Int. Materials Reviews, 54, 2, 49-93. https://doi.org/10.1179/174328009X411136
8. Ishchenko, A.Ya. (2009) Specifics in application of aluminium high-strength alloys for welded structures. The Paton Welding J., 9, 15-25.
9. Schijve, J. (2009) Fatigue of structures and materials. 2nd Ed. Springer. Berlin. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6808-9
10. Heuler, P., Bruder, T., Klätschke, H. (2005) Standardized loadtime histories a contribution on to durability issuer under spectrum loading. Mat.-wiss.u. Werkstofftech., 36, 11, 669-677. https://doi.org/10.1002/mawe.200500936
11. Sonsino, C.M. (2007) Fatigue testing under variable amplitude loading. Int. J. Fatigue, 29, 1080-1089. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2006.10.011
12. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Porlyatsky, A.G. (2010) Tool for friction stir welding of aluminium alloys. Pat. Ukraine, 54096, Int. Cl. В23К 20/12. Fill. 30.04.2010; Publ. 25.10.2010 [in Ukrainian].
13. (1979) GOST 25.502-79: Strength analysis and testing in machine building. Methods of metals mechanical testing. Methods of fatigue testing [in Russian].
14. (2017) ISO 1099:2017: Metallic materialы. Fatigue testing. Axial force-controlled method [in Russian].
15. Drejper, N., Smit, G. (1986) Applied regression analysis. Book 1. In: 2 books. Moscow, Finansy i Statistica [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: