Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #4, 2021, pp. 3-9
Physico-mechanical properties of welded joints of high-strength steel with the yield strength of 690…1300 MPa
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The work is devoted to establishing regularities of influence of features of structural-phase composition (grain, subgrain, dislocation
structures, etc.) of metal of welded joints of high-strength steels of different strength class on their mechanical characteristics and
crack resistance by determining structural criteria providing the necessary set of these properties. The structure and properties
of welded joints of high-strength steels with the yield strength from 690 to 1300 MPa was investigated depending on the rates
of cooling and welding, alloying welds, heat treatment conditions and welding methods (mechanized arc, laser, hybrid laser-arc
welding): bainite-ferrite and bainite-martensite type; high-carbon ferrite-pearlite type; alloyed medium-carbon steels of martensiticbainite
type of special purpose. The relationship of structural parameters with such set of properties as strength, fracture toughness,
level of localized deformation and local inner stresses in the metal of welded joints was established. It was shown that in compliance
with certain ratios of structural-phase components, the characteristics of dislocation and subgrain structure are decisive for providing
strength and crack resistance of welded joints metal of high-strength steels. The indices of the level of localized deformation in
the metal of welded joints of high-strength steels were obtained and it was established how structural components affect crack
resistance of the metal. In order to provide the operational reliability of structures in the creation of science-intensive and promising
technologies for welding of high-strength steels on the basis of material experimental and theoretical studies, structural criteria
were established to provide the required set of mechanical properties and crack resistance of the mentioned joints. 12 Ref., 4 Fig.
Keywords: high-strength steels, welded joints, structural-phase composition, substructure, dislocation density, mechanical
properties, local inner stresses, localized deformation, crack resistance
1. Paton, B.E. (2008) Selected proceedings. Kiev, PWI [in Russian].
2. (2018) Science of materials, achievements, prospects. Ed. by L.M. Lobanov. Kyiv, Akademperiodyka, Vol. 2 [in Ukrainian].
3. Poznyakov V.D. (2017) Welding technologies for production and repair of metal structures from high-strength steels. Bulletin of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 1, 65-73.
4. (2018) Physical processes in welding and processing of materials. Theoretical investigation, mathematical modeling, computational experiment. In: Coll. of articles and reports. Ed. by I.V. Krivtsun. Kiev, IAW. ISBN 978-617-7015-74-0 [in Russian].
5. Madej, K., Świdergoł, S., Jakubiec, P. (2015) Analysis of Cracks in Welded Joints of Pipes with Eyes made of S890QL1 Steel. Biuletyn Instytutu Spawalnictwa, 6, 11−22. https://doi.org/10.17729/ebis.2015.6/2
6. Laukhin, D., Pozniakov, V., Beketov, O. et al. (2020) Analysis of the effects of welding conditions on the formation of the structure of welded joints of low-carbon low-alloy steels. Engineering Materials, 844, 146−154. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.844.146
7. Ostash, О.P., Kulyk, V.V., Poznyakov, V.D. et al. (2019) Influence of the Modes of Heat Treatment on the Strength and Cyclic Crack-Growth Resistance of 65G Steel. Mater Sci., 54(6), 776−782. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-019-00263-6
8. Kostin, V.A., Grigorenko, G.M., Poznyakov, V.D. et al. (2020) Structural Transformations of the Metal of Heat- Affected Zone of Welded Joints of High-Strength Armor Steels. Ibid, 55(6), 863−869. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-020-00380-7
9. Markashova, L., Berdnikova, O., Alekseienko, T. et al. (2019) Nanostructures in Welded Joints and Their Interconnection with Operation Properties. Advances in Thin Films, Nanostructured Materials, and Coatings. A.D. Pogrebnjak, V. Novosad (Eds.). Singapore, Springer, pp. 119−128. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-13-6133-3_12
10. Vimalraj C., Kah P., Layus P. et al. (2019) High-strength steel S960QC welded with rare earth nanoparticle coated filler wire. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 102, 105-119. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-018-3059-6
11. Francois Njock Bayock, Kah, P., Layus, P., Karkhin, V. (2019) Numerical and Experimental Investigation of the Heat Input Effect on the Mechanical Properties and Microstructure of Dissimilar Weld Joints of 690-MPa QT and TMCP Steel. Metals, 9(3), 355, 1−19. https://doi.org/10.3390/met9030355
12. Berdnikova, O.M. (2020) Structural criteria of strength and crack resistance of high-strength steel welded joints. In: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Tech. Sci. Degree. Kyiv, PWI [in Ukrainian]
Advertising in this issue: