SEM, 2018, #2, 41-44 pages
ROLE OF SLAG POOL IN PROCESS OF SURFACING IN CURRENT-CARRYING MOULD
Journal Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 2, 2018 (May)
Yu. M. Kuskov, V. G. Solovjev, I. P. Lentyugov, V. A. Zhdanov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experiments in stationary and mobile current-carrying mould were made for study the effect of slag pool depth and adding of single portions of working flux into it on the surfacing current change. It was established that the increase in volume of slag pool in the stationary current-carrying mould is not a technological procedure of increasing its temperature at the power source unchanged voltage value. A single adding of working flux in surfacing in a mobile mould can only effect for a short time on value of operating current with subsequent its decrease to the initial value. Ref. 5, Tabl. 1, Fig. 4.
stationary and mobile current-carrying mould;; depth of slag pool; single flux adding;surfacing current
- (1976) Electroslag furnaces. Ed. by B.E. Paton et al. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
- Kuskov, Yu.M. (2006) Resource-saving technology of restoration and manufacture of parts by electroslag surfacing method. Tekhnologiya Mashinostroeniya, 6, 40–42 [in Russian].
- Kuskov, Yu.M., Gordan, G.N., Bogajchuk, I.L. and Kajda, T.V. (2015) Electroslag surfacing using discrete materials of different methods of manufacture. The Paton Welding J., 5–6, 30–36. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.06.06
- Medovar, B.I., Chernets A.V., Medovar, L.B. et al. (1995) Electroslag surfacing with liquid filler metal. Advances in Special Electrometallurgy, 1, 5–9.
- Medovar, L.B., Chekotilo, L.V., Bojko, G.A. et al. (1971) Use of current-free consumable electrodes for control of metal pool shape in ESR. Elektrometallurgiya, 10, 16–22 [in Russian].