“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contents of the issue
The work presents a challenging method of manufacture of a wide assortment of large-sized casing titanium parts and components of GTE by using the technology of plasma surfacing with a filler material (wire). Evaluation of structure and mechanical properties of semi-products of titanium alloy parts, produced by growing using the plasma surfacing, was evaluated in comparison with such classic methods of their manufacture as stamping and casting. The economic efficiency of the given technology is shown in comparison with a laser-powder method of growing the semi-products of parts. 5 Ref., 2 Tabl., 13 Fig.
Key words: plasma surfacing; wire; growing; titanium alloys; mechanical properties
1. Turichin, G.A., Zemlyakov, E.V., Klimova, O.G. et al. (2015) Direct laser growth as a prospective additive technology for aircraft engine building. Svarka i Diagnostika, 3, 54–57 [ in Russian].
2. Zhukov, V.V., Grigorenko, G.M., Shapovalov, V.A. (2016) Additive manufacturing of metal products (Review). The Paton Welding J., 5–6, 137–142. https://doi.org /10.15407/tpwj2016.06.24
3. Kovalchuk, D.V., Melnik, V.I., Melnik, I.V., Tugaj, B.A. (2017) New possibilities of additive manufacturing using 3D Metal Printing Technology (Review). Ibid., 12, 26–29. https://doi.org /10.15407/tpwj2017.12.03
4. Akhonin, S.V., Vrzhizhevsky, E.L., Belous, V.Yu. et al. (2016) Electron beam 3D-deposition of titanium parts. Ibid., 5–6, 141–144. https://doi.org /10.15407/tpwj2016.06.22
5. Dzhugan, A.L., Ovchinnikov, A.V., Olshansky, B.E. (2014) Additive technologies and possibilities of their application in modern conditions. Novi Materialy i Tekhnologii v Metallurgii ta Mashynobuduvanni, 2, 96–101 [in Russian].