SEM, 2019, #2, 27-34 pages
Journal Современная электрометаллургия
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 2, 2019 (June)
Structure and properties of heat-resistant pseudo-α-titanium alloy of Ti–Al–Sn–Zn–Mo–V–Si system and its welded joints
S.G. Grigorenko, V.Yu. Belous, T.G. Taranova., E.L. Vrzhizhevsky, V.A. Kostin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Structure of heat-resistant pseudo-α-titanium alloy and peculiarities of formation of structure of welded joints, produced by electron beam welding at a different beam focusing, were investigated. The ingot of experimental titanium alloy was melted by the method of electron beam crucible melting with a magnetic stirring. This method allows producing the homogeneous melt and ingots, homogeneous by chemical composition, after its cooling. Effect of beam parameters on shape and structure of weld metal, as well as resistance to cracking in the titanium heat-resistant alloy were studied. Mechanical properties of joints at different modes of electron beam welding of alloy, being investigated, were determined. Ref. 11, Tabl. 2, Fig. 8.
Key words: heat-resistant and titanium alloys; electron beam crucible melting; electromagnetic stirring; welded joint; ingot; structure; properties
1. Kolachev, B.A., Elagin, V.I., Livanov, V.A. (2005) Metallurgy and heat treatment of nonferrous metals and alloys. Moscow, MISiS [in Russian].
2. Kolachev, B.A., Polkin, I.S., Talalaev, V.D. (2000) Titanium alloys of different countries. Moscow, VILS [in Russian].
3. Kolacheva, B.A., Eliseev, Yu.S., Bratukhin, A.G., Talalaev, V.D. (2001) Titanium alloys in structures and production of aircraft engines and aerospace engineering. Ed. by A.G. Bratukhin. Moscow, MAI [in Russian].
4. Iliin, A.A., Kolachev, B.A., Polkin, I.S. (2009) Titanium alloys. Composition, structure, properties: Refer. Book. Moscow, VILS-MATI [in Russian].
5. Solonina, O.P., Glazunov, S.G. (1973) High-temperature titanium alloys. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
6. Anoshkin, N.F., Sigalov, Yu.M. (2002) Titanium alloys with improved heat resistance. Tekhnologiya Lyogkikh Splavov, 1, 38-50 [in Russian].
7. Petrova, L.A., Grankova, L.P. (1976) High-strength titanium alloys. Metallovedenie i Termich. Obrab. Metallov, 10, 60-64 [in Russian].
8. (2003) Titanium'2003: Science and Technology. In: Proc. of 10th World Conf. on Titanium (Germany, Hamburg, 13-18 July 2003), 1-5.
9. (2007) Electron beam melting in foundry. Kiev, Stal [in Russian].
10. Khorev, M.A. (1985) Strengthening of welded joints of titanium alloys produced by electron-beam welding. MiTOM, 1, 52-54 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00741896
11. (1982) Fractography and atlas of fractographs: Refer. Book. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].