SEM, 2019, #2, 35-42 pages
Journal Современная электрометаллургия
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 2, 2019 (June)
Modern technologies of melting and casting of steel EA1N for production of railway axles
A.I. Panchenko1, S.G. Kijko1, M.I. Gasik2, A.S. Salnikov1, G.V. Levchenko3, A.P. Gorobets2, Yu.S. Projdak2, Yu.V. Klimchuk4
«Electrical Works «Dneprospetsstal».
Yuzhnoe shosse 81, 69008, Zaporozhye, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine.
4 Gagarin Ave., 49005, Dniepr, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Z.I. Nekrasov Iron & Steel Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
1 Academician Starodubov Square, 49050, Dniepr, Ukraine. E-mail: office.isi@nasgovua
LCC «MZ Dneprospetsstal».
21 Stoletov Str., 49081, Dniepr, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Problems of improving the technologies of production and quality of axle steel EAIN in appliance with requirements of the Interstate standard GOST 31334–2007, harmonized with provisions of European standards EN 13260 and EN 13261 were generalized for manufacture of axles of traction and trailer cars Peculiarities of end-to-end technological charts of production at the Ukrainian enterprises of roughing axles in a normalized state, methods of steel melting, parameters of metal treatment in furnace-ladle installation (FLI) with vacuum treatment and without it, metal casting into moulds and machines in continuous casting of billets (MCCB) are described. The flow charts of manufacture of railway axles of electric steel (ingots, round billets of MCCB), blooms of oxygen-converter steel were analyzed. Characterized are the discontinuities of structure of initial billets, results of UST of central porosity of initial billets and methods of its elimination in the process of deformational processing in forging and rolling of axial billets, program directions of improving the quality of railway axles up to the level, providing their service under the load of 27…30 t. Ref. 14, Tabl. 6, Fig. 1.
Key words: railway axles; electric steel; standard; melting technology; ladle treatment; casting; ingots; billet of continuous casting; blooms; deformational processing; heat treatment
1. Gasik, M.I., Salnikov, A.S., Peresadenko, O.V., Loza, V.V. (2009) Development and industrial mastering of end-to-end technology of production of forged roughing axles of electric steel EAIN (35G). Sovrem. Elektrometall., 4, 40–48 [in Russian].
2. Tumko, A.N., Logozinsky, I.N., Peresadenko, O.V. et al. (2010) Study of technological schemes of production of profile axle billets for railway rolling stock. Metallurg. i Gornorudnaya Promyshlennost, 4, 40–43 [in Russian].
3. Levchenko, G.V., Balakhonova, T.V., Nefedieva, E.E. et al. (2016) Assurance of quality of railway axles made from continuous casting billets of different sections. Ibid., 1, 29–33 [in Russian].
4. Levchenko, G.V., Ershov, S.V., Demina, E.G. et al. (2018) Transformation of dendritic structure in all stages of production of railway axles. Ibid., 2, 74–76 [in Russian].
5. Fast, J.D. (1975) Interaction of metals with gases. Vol. 2: Kinetics and mechanism of reactions. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
6. Johnson, E.W., Hill, M.L. (1960) The diffusivity of hydrogen in alpha iron. Transact. Metallurg. Society of AIME, 218(12), 1104–1112.
7. Hudson, R.M., Riedy, K.J., Stragand, G.L. (1962) Influence of specimen geometry and surface roughness on hydrogen behavior in steel. Corrosion, 18(2), 79-84. https://doi.org/10.5006/0010-9312-18.2.79
8. Bondarev, O.M., Gorobets, V.L., Myamlin, S.V. et al. (2010) Comparative tests for determination of residual stresses in semifinished axles. Visnyk DNUZT, 34, 16–21 [in Russian].
9. Demina, E.G., Gritsaj, T.V., Nefedieva, E.E., Medinsky, G.A. (2010) Influence of modes of ingot deformation on homogeneity of microstructure of railway axles. In: Abstr. of Pap. of Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Problems and Perspectives of Development of Railway Transport (Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk, 15–16 April, 2010). DNUZT, 281–282 [in Russian].
10. Esaulov, G.A., Gasik, M.I., Projdak, Yu.S., Gorobets, A.P. (2015) Industrial mastering of innovative end-to-end technology of production of railway all-rolled wheels from continuous casting billet. In: Improvement of production of steel, pipes and railway wheels. Ed. by A.G. Velichko et al. Dnepropetrovsk, ChMP Ekonomika, 25–28 [in Russian].
11. Boronenko, Yu.P., Orlova, A.M. (2007) Development of freight-car trucks with axial load of 30 ton-force. In: Roll stock of 21st century: Ideas, requirements, projects. Transact. of St.-Petersburg State University of Railways, 5–12 [in Russian].
12. Boronenko, Yu.P., Romen, Yu.S., Pevzner, V.O. (2013) Main requirements to cars and means of improvement of axial loads up to 27 thou and more. In: Abstr. of Pap. of Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Roll Stock of 21st century. St.-Petersburg, 8–9 [in Russian].
13. Manashkin, L.A., Myamlin, S.V., Prikhodko, V.I., Zhizko, V.V. (2011) To problem of presentation of movement of wheel pair in problems of cars movement. In: Roll stock of 21st century: Ideas, requirements, projects. Transact. of St.-Petersburg State University of Railways, 45–52 [in Russian].
14. Rejdemejster, A.G., Kostenko, Yu.A. (2015) Determination of cyclic fracture toughness of axle of wheel pair. In: Abstr. of Papers of Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Problems and Perspectives of Development of Railway Transport (Ukraine, Dnepropetrovsk, 14–15 May 2015, Dnepropetrovsk, DNUZT), 49–50 [in Russian].