Electrometallurgy Today (Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya), 2019, #3, 29-34 pages
Journal Современная электрометаллургия
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 3, 2019 (September)
Intensity of running of physico-chemical reactions in special electrometallurgy processes
G.M. Grigorenko, R.V. Kozin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The common elements of all the special electrometallurgy processes (vacuum arc, electroslag, electron beam, plasma-arc remelting) include a consumable billet, liquid film at its end face, drops with which the metal is transferred into the pool, the liquid pool and forming ingot. In the paper an attempt is made to generalize and clarify the earlier obtained data, on refining at each of the stages of liquid metal existence (film, drop, pool). Results of calculation of the degree of refining for different melting rates, drop size, and electrode geometry, and analytical assessment of the influence of each of the stages on refining effectiveness are given. Ref. 7, Tabl. 2, Fig. 3.
Key words: refining; electrode; mould; ingot; stages; film; drop; pool
1. Grigorenko, G.M., Pomarin, Yu.M. (1989) Hydrogen and nitrogen in metals during plasma melting. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Grigorenko, G.M., Lakomsky, V.V., Pomarin, Yu.M. (1988) Area of running of physical and chemical processes in ESR. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 2, 70–75 [in Russian].
3. Grigorenko, G.M., Medovar, B.I., Pomarin, Yu.M. (1991) Mathematical model of nitrogen behavior during electroslag processes under pressure. Ibid., 1, 3–7 [in Russian].
4. Grigorenko, G.M., Medovar, B.I., Lakomsky, V.V. et al. (1992) Mathematical model of nitrogen absorption in remelting processes. In: Abstr. of Papers of 2nd All-Union Conf. on High-Nitrogen Steels (Kiev, Ukraine, 21–23 April 1992). Kiev, 23 [in Russian].
5. Paton, B.E., Tikhonovsky, A.L. (1974) Classification and bases of mathematical description of metallurgical processes of liquid metal refining. In: Refining remelting. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
6. Medovar, B.I., Tsykulenko, A.K., Shevtsov, V.L. et al. (1986) Metallurgy of electroslag process. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
7. Klyuev, M.A., Kablukovsky, A.F. (1969) Metallurgy of electroslag remelting. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian