SEM, 2019, #4, 18-25 pages
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 4, 2019 (November)
Hybrid systems for electron beam evaporation and ion sputtering
A.I. Kuzmichev1, A.I. Ustinov2, A.E. Rudenko2, I.M. Drozd1
NTTU «Igor Sikorsky KPI». 37 Pobedi Prosp., 03506, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hybrid systems for electron beam evaporation with ion-assisted process of evaporated substance condensation in the form of coating are considered. A system is presented, in which argon ions were generated by a magnetron discharge, induced around a rod-like substrate which served as a cathode for this discharge. The objective of ion assisting is sputtering of the substrate surface for finish cleaning before coating deposition and bombardment by condensate ions during deposition to provide an ion-kinetic impact on the coating structure. The process of deposition of damping MgO–Cr–Sn coating on titanium substrate was realized by applying the method of electron beam evaporation of the substrate with argon ion assisting under the conditions of relatively low temperatures (200 °C). Ref. 8, Fig. 9.
Key words: electron beam evaporation; ions; assisting; bombardment; magnetron discharge; damping coatings; condensate; deposition; substrate
1. Schiller, Z., Gaizing, U., Pantser, Z. (1980) Electron beam technology. Moscow, Energiya [in Russian].
2. Movchan, B.A., Malashenko, I.S. (1983) Heat-resistant vacuum deposited coatings. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
3. Belevsky, V.P., Kuzmichev, A.I. (1984) Methods of thermoionic deposition for metallic coatings. Kiev, Znanie [in Russian].
4. (1994) Handbook of deposition technologies for films and coatings. Ed. by Bunshah, R.F. Noyes Publications.
5. (2000) Ionized physical vapor deposition. Academic Press.
6. Kuzmichev, A.I., Babinov, N.A.,Lisenkov, A.A. (2016) Plasma emitters of sources of charged and neutral particles. Kiev, Avers [in Russian].
7. Kuzmychev, A.I., Tsybulskyi, L.Yu. (2015) Device for vacuum coating deposition with ion-plasma activation. Ukraine, Pat. 101342 [in Ukrainian].
8. Kuzmichev, A.I. (2008) Magnetron spray systems. Kiev, Avers [in Russian].