TPWJ, 2009, #2, 26-28 pages
TO THE 60th ANNIVERSARY OF INDUSTRIAL APPLICATION OF THE TECHNOLOGY OF MANUFACTURING CYLINDRICAL TANKS FROM COILED BLANKS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 2, 2009 (February)
A.Yu. BARVINKO, Yu.P. BARVINKO and V.M. GOLINKO
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The historical aspect of introduction and development of the method and technology of construction of vertical cylindrical tanks with application of large-sized coiled blanks is considered. The advantages, disadvantages and prospects for further application of the method are described.
coiled blank, welded tanks, site weld, angular deformations, geometrical shape of the wall
1. Raevsky, G.V. (1952) Producing steel vertical cylindrical tanks by method of coiling. Moscow; Leningrad: Gostoptekhizdat.
2. (1962) Coiling of sheet structures. Ed. by L.L. Zilberberg. Moscow: TsBTI.
3. Biletsky, S.M., Golinko, V.M. (1983) Industrial production of outsize welded sheet structures. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
4. Barvinko, Yu.P., Biletsky, S.M., Golinko, V.M. et al. (1991) About tolerances on angular deformations of vertical welded butt joints in tanks of 10-50 thou m3 capacity. Avtomatich. Svarka, 4, 20-23.
5. RD-39-30-1331-85: Instructions on reinforcing of vertical site butt joints of walls of RVS-2000 tanks. Introd. 01.01.86.
6. Popovsky, B.V., Ritchik, G.A. (1986) Ensuring the geometrical shape of the coiled tank walls in zones of site butt joints. Montazh. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 11, 11-15.
7. VBN V.2.2.-58.2-94: Vertical steel tanks for storage of petroleum and petroleum products. Valid from 01.10.94.
8. PB 03-605-2003: Rules for installation of vertical cylindrical steel tanks for petroleum and petroleum products. Introd. 09.07.03.
9. VSN 311-89: Erection of steel vertical cylindrical tanks for petroleum and petroleum products from 10,000 up to 50,000 m3. Introd. 01.01.90.
10. SNiP 3.03.01-87: Load-carrying and frame structures. Valid from 01.06.88.
11. Makhnenko, V.I., Barvinko, A.Yu., Barvinko, Yu.P. et al. (2002) Estimation of stressed state of the wall of coiled vertical cylindrical tanks in welding-in of sheet inserts. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2-6.