TPWJ, 2009, #3, 21-23 pages
EFFICIENCY OF STABILISATION OF THE ALTERNATING-CURRENT ARC IN COVERED-ELECTRODE WELDING
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3, 2009 (March)
A.F. SHATAN, A.A. ANDRIANOV, V.N. SYDORETS and A.M. ZHERNOSEKOV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Efficiency of the optimised modes for stabilisation of the alternating-current arc was studied. It is shown that manual a-c arc welding of 18-10 type steel provides properties of the welded joints similar to those achieved with d-c welding.
corrosion-resistant steel, arc welding, alternating welding current, arc stabilisers, microstructure, corrosion
1. Paton, B.E., Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V. et al. (2006) Lowering of material content of power sources and power consumption in welding. The Paton Welding J., 10, 15-23.
2. Kiji, N., Kobayashi, K., Ishii, J. et al. (2003) Development of high efficiency arc welding methods. Ibid., 10, 56-60.
3. Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V., Bolotko, V.I. (1989) Welding transformers with arc stabilization devices. Avtomatich. Svarka, 10, 46-51.
4. Andrianov, A.A., Sidorets, V.N. (2009) Optimisation of parameters of a-c welding arc stabilization. Elektrotekhnika i Elektromekhanika, 2, 5-12.
5. (1994) Consumables for welding of steels and cast iron: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.N. Gorpenyuk. Kiev: Hauch. Kniga.