TPWJ, 2010, #6, 19-21 pages
FEATURES OF DAMAGEABILITY OF STEAM PIPELINE WELDED JOINTS BY THE CREEP MECHANISM
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 6, 2010 (June)
V.V. DMITRIK and S.N. BARTASH
Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogic Academy, Kharkov, Ukraine
Considered are the features of damageability of long-term operating welded joints from heat-resistant pearlitic steels by the creep mechanism. It is shown that damageability of welded joints is a three-stage process, and essentially depends on metal degradation, which is controlled by physicochemical processes occurring in welded joint metal.
arc welding, heat-resistant pearlitic steels, steam pipelines, welded joints, corrosive environment, creep, damageability, physicochemical processes
1. (2005) Fracture mechanics and strength of materials: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.V. Panasyuk. Vol. 7: Reliability and service life of structure elements of heat-and-power engineering units. Kyiv: Akademperiodika.
2. Khromchenko, F.A. (2002) Resource of welded joints of steam pipeline. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
3. Dmitrik, V.V., Konyk, A.I. (2005) On concept of pore initiation in welded joints under low-temperature creep. The Paton Welding J., 7, 24-27.
4. Dmitrik, V.V., Tsaryuk, A.K., Bugaets, A.A. et al. (2006) Evaluation of remaining life of welded joints of pipelines for thermal power plants. Ibid., 2, 6-10.
5. Kumanin, V.I., Kovaleva, L.A., Alekseev, S.V. (1988) Service life of metal under creep conditions. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
6. Dmitrik, V.V. (2000) Structure of welded joints from lowalloyed heat-resistant Cr-Mo-V pearlitic steels. The Paton Welding J., 4, 26-29.
7. Tsaryuk, A.K. (1999) Peculiarities of phosphorus effect on size of nonmetallic inclusions and properties of heat-resistant steel welds. Avtomatich. Svarka, 4, 26-30.
8. Berezina, T.E., Bugaj, N.V., Trunin, I.I. (1991) Diagnostics and prediction of life of metal of heat-and-power engineering units. Kiev: Tekhnika.
9. Dmitrik, V.V., Baumer, V.N. (2007) Carbide phases and damageability of long-term operating welded joints. Metallofizika, Nov. Tekhnologii, 29(7), 937-948.
10. Utevsky, L.M., Glikman, E.E., Kark, G.S. (1987) Reversible temper brittleness of steel and iron alloy. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
11. Dmitrik, V.V., Tsaryuk, A.K., Konyk, A.I. (2008) Carbide phases and damageability of welded joints of steam pipelines under creep conditions. The Paton Welding J., 3, 28-32.
12. Berezina, T.E. (1986) Structural method for determination of residual life of parts of long-term operating steam pipelines. Teploenergetika, 3, 53-56.