TPWJ, 2010, #6, 13-18 pages
NUMERICAL CALCULATION OF THERMAL PROCESSES IN CENTRIFUGAL PLASMA POWDER CLADDING
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 6, 2010 (June)
A.I. SOM1 and A.T. ZELNICHENKO2
Plasma-Master Ltd., Kiev, Ukraine
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
In this work, thermal processes running in the thick-walled pipe wall at centrifugal plasma powder cladding were studied by computational experiment method. Temperature fields in each point of the item were calculated, depending on the cladding mode. A measuring stand and procedure for determination of the heat transfer coefficient and effective thermal power were developed.
centrifugal plasma powder cladding, drill pump bushings, circular pool, plasmatron, thermal processes, numerical simulation, calorimetry method
1. Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma cladding. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
2. Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma-powder cladding in armature engineering. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
3. Gladky, P.V., Som, A.I., Pereplyotchikov, E.F. (1984) Centrifugal plasma cladding. In: New processes of cladding, properties of deposited metal and transition zone. Kiev: PWI.
4. Gladky, P.V., Pavlenko, A.V., Zelnichenko, A.T. (1989) Mathematical modeling of powder heating in the arc during plasma cladding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 11, 17-21.
5. Zelnichenko, A.T. (1984) Difference scheme of end-to-end count for equation of heat conductivity with concentrated heat capacity. Vych. i Prikladn. Matematika, Issue 53, 57-65.
6. Samarsky, A.A. (1977) Theory of difference schemes. Moscow: Nauka.
7. Vajnbojm, D.I., Ratmanova, Zh.V. (1974) Power characteristics of argon arc with different degree of constriction. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 5, 1-3.
8. Kulagin, I.D., Nikolaev, A.V. (1960) Treatment of materials by arc plasma jet. Moscow: A.A. Bajkov IM.
9. Stikhin, V.A., Patskevich, I.R. (1967) Determination of thermal characteristics of constricted arc. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 9, 26-27.
10. Popov, M.M. (1954) Thermometry and calorimetry. Moscow: MGU.