The Paton Welding Journal, 2011, #1, 45-47 pages
DEVICES FOR IMPACT TREATMENT OF A WELD IN THE PROCESS OF RESISTANCE SPOT WELDING
A.S. PISMENNY, I.V. PENTEGOV, V.M. KISLITSYN, E.M. STEMKOVSKY and D.A. SHEJKOVSKY
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Variants of suspensions of welding electrodes for thermomechanical treatment of the weld metal directly during the welding process are considered. Design of the welding head with impact application of the compression force and a variant of the cyclogram for practical implementation of the thin metal welding process are offered.
resistance spot welding, structural steels, weld metal, impact loading, compression force, peening device, welding process cyclogram
1. Pismenny, A.S., Kislitsyn, V.M. (2010) Influence of weld metal impact treatment on welded joint strength. The Paton Welding J., 1, 38-40.
2. Rainhard, J., Pirson, J. (1958) Behavior of metals under impulse loads. Moscow: Energiya.
3. (1998) Vacuum percussion welding. Solid-phase physics: Encyclopaedia. Ed. by V.G. Bariakhtar. Vol. 2. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
4. Kharchenko, G.K., Falchenko, Yu.V., Arsenyuk, V.V. et al. (2002) Vacuum percussion welding of aluminium to copper. The Paton Welding J., 9, 46.
5. Gulyaev, A.P. (1951) Metals science. Moscow: Oboronizdat.
6. Gridnev, V.N., Gavrilyuk, V.G., Meshkov, Yu.Ya. (1974) Strength and plasticity of cold-worked steel. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
7. (2000) Equipment for resistance welding: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.V. Smirnov. St.-Petersburg: Energoatomizdat.
8. Moravsky, V.E., Vorona, D.S. (1985) Technology and equipment for spot and projection capacitor-discharge welding. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
9. (1973) New technological processes in precision instrument engineering. Ed. by R. Sevin. Moscow: Energiya.
10. Popilov, L.Ya. (1969) Electrophysical and electrochemical treatment of metals. Moscow.
11. Lipa, M., Golasik, Ya. (1970) Resistance projection welding. Kiev: Tekhnika.