TPWJ, 2011, #10, 40-45 pages
INFLUENCE OF WELDING POWER SOURCES ON THREE-PHASE MAINS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 10, 2011 (October)
S.V. RYMAR, A.M. ZHERNOSEKOV and V.N. SYDORETS
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Harmonic composition of three-phase electric mains at operation of welding power sources was studied. It is shown that welding sources generate higher current harmonics into the mains that impairs the quality of power. Application of higher harmonic filters is recommended to reduce the impact of welding power sources on the mains
arc welding, power sources, three-phase mains, power quality, higher harmonics, filters
1. Pentegov, I.V., Volkov, I.V., Levin, M. (2002) Devices for suppression of higher current harmonics. In: Technical electrodynamics: Issue on Problems of current electrical engineering. Pt 1. Kyiv: IED.
2. Dugan, R.S., McGranaghan, M.F., Beaty, H.W. (1996) Electrical power systems quality. N.Y.: McGrow-Hill.
3. Waggoner, R.M. (1997) Practical guide to quality power for sensitive electronic equipment. Kansas: ES&M Books.
4. Paice, D.A. (1995) Power electronic converter harmonics. Multipulse methods for clean power. N.Y.: IEEE Press.
5. IEEE Standard 519-1992: IEEE recommended practices and requirements for harmonic control in electrical power systems.
6. DSTU IES 61000-3-2:2004: Electromagnetic compatibility. Pt 3-2: Norms. Norms for emission of current harmonics (for equipment input current of not more 16 A per phase). Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy.
7. Zhao, W.-S., Zhao, W.-Sh. (2009) Study on electromagnetic compatibility design for inverter welding machine. Electric Welding Machine, 39(12), 47-50.
8. (1974) Technology of fusion electric welding of metals and alloys. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
9. Bessonov, L.A. (1964) Theoretical principles of electrical engineering. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola.
10. Zhang, X.-P., Cao, T.-Q. (2009) Study on the harmonics and EMI of switching power supply for welding power source. Electric Welding Machine, 39(12), 59-62.
11. Volkov, I.V., Kurilchuk, M.N., Pentegov, I.V. et al. (2005) Improvement of electrical power quality in networks of industrial enterprises by means of filters of higher current harmonics. In: Visnyk Pryazov.DTU: Transact. on Electric Engineering. Pt 2, Issue 15, Mariupol: PDTU, 15-19.
12. Shidlovsky, A.K., Kuznetsov, V.G. (1985) Improvement of power quality in electrical networks. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
13. Shidlovsky, A.K., Novsky, V.A., Kaplychny, N.N. (1989) Stabilization of electrical power in distribution networks. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.