TPWJ, 2014, #1, 51-54 pages
PROPERTIES OF FUSION-WELDED JOINTS ON HIGH-STRENGTH TITANIUM ALLOY T110
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 1, 2014 (January)
S.V. AKHONIN1, V.Yu. BELOUS1, S.L. ANTONYUK2, I.K. PETRICHENKO1 and R.V. SELIN1
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SE «Antonov». 1 Akademik Tupolev Str., 03062, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail:email@example.com
At present time, welding of high-strength titanium alloys can be performed using arc, electron beam in vacuum (EBW) and laser beam. There are successful examples of application of combined laser-arc process for performance of welded joints of titanium alloys. Negative effect of thermal cycle of EBW and laser welding on properties of series of alloyed titanium alloys is indicated in some cases. Aim of the present work lied in investigation of effect of different methods of welding and filler metal on mechanical properties and structure of welded joints by the example of titanium alloy T110. It is shown that high-strength titanium alloy T110 differs in good weldability in performance welded joints by EBW, full penetration argon-arc tungsten-electrode welding, argon-arc tungsten-electrode welding over the flux layer and laser-arc welding. SP-15 grade wire is reasonable for application as filler for argon-arc welding of T110 alloy. If welding without filler material is used, argon-arc tungsten-electrode welding over the flux layer provides the highest values of impact toughness of weld and HAZ metal. 8 Ref., 2 Tables, 3 Figures.
titanium alloys, T110, argon-arc welding, properties, laser welding, flux
1. Zamkov, V.N., Topolsky, V.P., Trygub, M.P. et al. High-strength titanium alloy. Pat. 40087 Ukraine. Publ. 16.06.2003.
2. Antonyuk, S.L., Zamkov, V.N., Topolsky, V.F. et al. (2003) Investigation of mechanical properties of cast semi-products of experimental titanium alloy T110. Advances in Electrometallurgy, 3, 27-30.
3. Paton, B.E., Shelyagin, V.D., Akhonin, S.V. (2009) Laser welding of titanium alloys. The Paton Welding J., 7, 30-34.
4. Shelyagin, V.D., Khaskin, V.Yu., Akhonin, S.V. et al. (2012) Peculiarities of laser-arc welding of titanium alloys. Ibid., 12, 32-36.
5. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Blashchuk, V.E. et al. (1986) Metallurgy and technology of welding of titanium and its alloys. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
6. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Kushnirenko, N.A. et al. (1980) Selection of filler material for welding of (a + b)-titanium alloys. In: Actual problems of welding of non-ferrous metals. Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 314-320.
7. Zamkov, V.N., Topolsky, V.F., Tyapko, I.K. et al. (1993) Influence of heat treatment on serviceability of VT23 alloy welded joints. Avtomatich. Svarka, 4, 25-27.
8. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Prilutsky, V.P. et al. Welding flux. USSR author's cert. 439363. Publ. 15.08.74.