TPWJ, 2016, #10, 37-40 pages
Deposition of protective coatings on copper plates of CCM molds by the method of autovacuum brazing
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #10, 2016 (October)
M.A. Poleshchuk, M.G. Atroshenko, A.V. Shevtsov and A.L. Puzrin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Possibility of applying a protective layer in the form of a thin metal sheet on flat copper panels of CCM molds by autovacuum brazing was verified on models. 08Kh18N10T steel and nickel were used as protective sheets. Peel strength of bimetal brazed joints between the layers was studied, and bending tests were also performed. A sound brazed seam without defects in the form of pores or cracks was produced between the copper plate and 08Kh18N10T steel sheet 2 mm thick. Peel strength of protective steel layer was equal to 300 MPa, on average. Obtained results allow recommending the method of autovacuum brazing for deposition of protective coatings from 08Kh18N10T steel on flat panels of molds. 9 Ref., 6 Figures.
CCM molds, protective coatings, autovacuum brazing, brazed joints, metallography, mechanics
- Markushin, A.A., Kuklev, A.V., Ajzin, M.Yu. (2005) Radial slab mold with parallel-plate ducts and nickel coating of walls. Moscow: Metallurgizdat.
- Abramovich, V.R. (1988) Fusion welding of copper and copper-based alloys. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Nikityuk, Yu.N., Grigorenko, G.M., Zelenin, V.I. et al. (2013) Technology of restoration repair of slab moulds of MCCB by friction stir surfacing method. Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya, 3, 51–55.
- Grigorenko, G.M., Puzrin, A.L., Atroshenko, M.G. et al. (2015) Autovacuum brazing in repair of copper panels of MCCB moulds. The Paton Welding J., 9, 45–49. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.09.07
- Masato, T. (2009) Moulds of MCCB of steel from Mashima kosan. In: of Int. Sci.-Pract. Seminar on Electrocladding and Thermal Spraying. Ekaterinburg, 20–24.
- Korobov, Yu.S. (2009) Improvement of service life of metallurgical equipment using thermal spraying. In: of Int. Sci.-Pract. Seminar on Electrocladding and Thermal Spraying. Ekaterinburg, 56–71.
- Kudinov, V.M., Koroteev, A.Ya. (1978) Explosion welding in metallurgy. Ed. by E.S. Karakozov. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- GOST 10885–85: Sheet hot-rolled two-ply corrosion-resistant steel (OKP 09 950) Introd. 01.07.86: Minchermet SSSR, 1986.
- Evteev, D.P., Kolybalov, I.N. (1984) Continuous casting of steel. Moscow: Metallurgiya.