TPWJ, 2016, #12, 38-42 pages
Bench research of high-frequency electric welding of biological tissues
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #12, 2016 (December)
G.S. Marinsky1, A.V. Chernets1, V.A. Tkachenko1, D.A. Grabovsky1, S.E. Podpryatov1, 2, E.G. Lopatkina1, S.S. Podpryatov2, S.V. Tkachenko1 and S.G. Gichka3
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiev City Center of Electric Welding Surgery 121 Kharkov Highway, 02091, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Kiev City Clinical Hospital #1 121 Kharkov Highway, 02091, Kiev, Ukraine
The paper gives a description of an all-purpose laboratory complex for investigations of biological tissue behaviour at application of high-frequency currents to them under the conditions, corresponding to welding live tissues by different algorithms. This complex allows studying the influence of various design features of the instruments and welding process parameters on the behaviour and structural changes of biological tissues. This equipment is optimal to conduct optimization of new technological procedures, parameters and software, oriented towards specific surgical procedures. Given as an example are the results of experiments on welding the walls of pig stomach and small intestine at pulsed and continuous feeding of 440 kHz voltage under the conditions corresponding to electric welding of biological tissues. 10 Ref., 10 Figures.
high-frequency welding, biological tissues, all-purpose testing bench, welding algorithms, biological tissue structures
- (2009) Tissue-saving high-frequency electric welding surgery. In: Atlas. Ed. by B.E. Paton and O.I. Ivanova. Kiev: IAW.
- (2013) Theory. Practice. Prospects. In: of 8th Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Welding and Heat Treatment of Live Tissues. Ed. by G.S. Marinsky. Kiev: PWI.
- (2014) Theory. Practice. Prospects. In: of 9th Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Welding and Heat Treatment of Live Tissues. Ed. by G.S. Marinsky. Kiev: PWI.
- (2015) Theory. Practice. Prospects. In: of 10th Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Welding and Heat Treatment of Live Tissues. Ed. by G.S. Marinsky. Kiev: PWI.
- Bondar, G.V. (2011) Widening of indications for application of electric welding complex of soft tissues in oncosurgery. In: of 6th Int. Seminar on Welding of Soft Live Tissues. State-of-the-Art and Prospects of Development (Kiev, Ukraine, 2–3 December 2011). Kiev: PWI.
- Makarov, A.V., Getman, V.G., Myasnikov, D.V. et al. (2006) Welding of pulmonary tissue – as a method of non-resection intervention because of spontaneous pneumothorax. Klinichna Khirurgiya, 7, 40–42.
- Podpryatov, S.E., Gychka, S.G., Podpryatov, S.S. et al. (2008) Healing of interintestinal anastomoses and closing arteries by electric welding. Ibid., 11/12, 64.
- Paton, B.E., Marinsky, G.S., Podpryatov, S.E. et al. High-frequency welding electrocoagulator EKVZ-300. Pat. 72577U Ukraine. Int. Cl. A 61 B 18/12. Fil. 24.01.2012. Publ. 27.08.2012.
- Paton, B.E., Krivtsun, I.V., Marinsky, G.E. et al. (2013) Welding, cutting and heat treatment of live tissues. The Paton Welding J., 10/11, 142–153.
- Paton, B.E., Tkachenko, V.A., Marinsky, G.S. et al. Method of joining of biological human and animal tissues using high-frequency current. 106513 Ukraine. Fil. 26.07.2012. Publ. 10.09.2014.