TPWJ, 2017, #2, 33-37 pages
Peculiarities of construction and service of tank rvs-200 for storage of diesel fuel in antarctica at the station «Akademik Vernadsky»
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #2, 2017 (February)
G.V. Zhuk1, I.V. Moroz2, A.Yu. Barvinko3, Yu.P. Barvinko3 and Yu.N. Posypajko3
SE «Experimental Design and Technological Bureau of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NASU»
15 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
National Antarctic Scientific Centre
16 Taras Shevchenko Ave., 01601, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The analysis of materials of expert inspection of the welded tank RVS-200 for diesel fuel at the Ukrainian Antarctic Station «Akademik Vernadsky», made by the SE «Experimental Design and Technological Bureau of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NASU», is given. It was shown that according to the region of its location, the tank of only 200 m3
capacity is transferred to the highest criticality class CC3 with the fixed service life of not less than 40 years. Under these conditions the requirements to ecological purity of the object and the environment, at a complete isolation and limited capabilities of repair, predetermine the need in extraordinary constructive solutions on providing the maintenance-free service life. The specific technical solutions of the considered problem are given. 7 Ref., 5 Figures.
welded tank, highest criticality class CC3, corrosion damages, austenitic stainless steel, corrosion protection
- DBN V.1.2-14–2009: General principles of reliability assurance and design safety of buildings, constructions, building structures and foundations. Kyiv: Minregionbud Ukrainy.
- DSTU-N B A.3-10:2008: Guidelines for technical diagnostics of vertical steel tanks.
- VBN V.2.2–94: Vertical steel tanks for storage of oil and oil products.
- DSTU B V.2.6-183:2011: Vertical cylindrical steel tanks for oil and oil products.
- (2016) Technical report (expert opinion) on technical state of tank RVS-200 installed at Ukrainian antarctic Academik Vernadsky station. Kyiv: E.O. Paton SE EDTB.
- Posypajko, Yu.M. (2016) Defectoscopy in the Antarctic: Technical diagnostics of tank RVS-200 at Ukrainian antarctic Academik Vernadsky station. Diagnostika i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 46–51.
- (1988) Operating rules of tanks and instructions on their repair. Moscow: Nedra.