TPWJ, 2018, #11-12, 4-15 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #11-12, 2018 (November)
Advanced studies and developments of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute in the field of welding and related technologies
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
A number of recent new developments of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute is presented, namely the technologies and equipment for welding with applying the highly-concentrated power sources: plasma, laser and electron ones. Technologies were developed for welding of pipes, thick titanium, aluminium-lithium alloys, high-strength steels. The vapor-phase technologies were developed for producing nanostructured materials for welding composite materials and intermetallics. Technologies and equipment for underwater welding and cutting, new electron beam tool for welding in open space were developed. To increase the life and safety of the weld, the postweld treatment was suggested by using the high-density electric pulses and high-frequency mechanical peening. To control the quality of welded structures, the designed digital equipment, based on high-sensitive solid-body converters and an industrial robot with a technical vision system for products of intricate geometry were developed. The new method was developed for growing refractory metal single crystals. New equipment is presented for welding of live tissues. 28 Ref., 2 Tables, 25 Figures.
plasma, laser, electron beam and resistance welding, titanium, aluminium-lithium alloys, strength, quality control, surfacing, single crystals, welding of live tissues
1. Korzhik, V.N., Pashchin, N.A., Mikhoduj, O.L. et al. (2017) Comparative evaluation of methods of arc and hybrid plasmaarc welding of aluminum alloy 1561 using consumable electrode. The Paton Welding J., 4, 30–34. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.04.06
2. Korzhik V.N., Sydorets V.N., Shanguo Han, Babich A.A., Grinyuk A.A. and Khaskin V.Yu. (2017) Development of a robotic complex for hybrid plasma-arc welding of thin-walled structures. Ibid, 5, 62–70. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.06.12
3. Hamm, R.W. (2008) Reviews of accelerator science and technology. Industrial Accelerators, 1, 163–184.
4. Paton, B.E., Nazarenko, O.K., Nesterenkov, V.M. et al. (2004) Computer control of electron beam welding with multicoordinate displacements of the gun and workpiece. The Paton Welding J., 5, 2–5.
5. Maksimov, S. (2017) E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute activity in the field of underwater welding and cutting. Pidvodni Tekhnologii, 6, 37–45.
6. Paton, B.E., Lebedev, V.A., Maksimov, S.Yu. et al. (2011) Improvement of equipment for underwater mechanized and automated welding and cutting with flux-cored wire. Svarka i Diagnostika, 5, 54–59 [in Russian].
7. Shapovalov, E.V., Dolinenko, V.V., Kolyada, V.A. et al. (2016) Application of robotic and mechanized welding under disturbing factor conditions. The Paton Welding J., 7, 42–46. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.07.08
8. Ustinov, A.I., Polishchuk, S.S., Demchenkov, S.A., Petrushinets, L.V. (2015) Effect of microstructure of vacuumdeposited Fe100-xNix (30 < x < 39) foils with FCC structure on their mechanical properties. Alloys and Compounds, 622, 54–61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2014.10.039
9. Ustinov, A. I. (2008) Dissipative properties of nanostructured materials. Strength of Materials, 40, 571–576. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11223-008-9074-3
10. Ustinov, A., Falchenko, Yu., Ishchenko, A. (2008) Diffusion welding of γ-TiAl alloys through nano-layered foil of Ti/Al system. Intermetallics, 16, 1043–1045. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2008.05.002
11. Ustinov, A., Falchenko, Yu., Melnichenko, T. (2013) Diffusion welding of aluminum alloy strengthened by Al2O3 particles through an Al/Cu multilayer foil. of Materials Processing Technology, 213(4), 543–552. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2012.11.012
12. Zhdanov, S.L., Poznyakov, V.D., Maksimenko, A.A. et al. (2010) Structure and properties of arc-welded joints on steel 10G2FB. The Paton Welding J., 11, 8–12.
13. Poznyakov, V.D., Zhdanov, S.L., Sineok, A.G. et al. (2011) Experience of application of S355J2 steel in metal structures of the roofing over NSC «Olimpijsky» (Kiev). Ibid., 6, 45–46.
15. Lobanov, L.M., Pashchin, N.A., Savitsky, V.V., Mikhoduj, O.L. (2014) Investigation of residual stresses in welded joints of heat-resistant alloy ML10 using electrodynamic treatment. Problemy Prochnosti, 6, 33–41 [in Russian].
17. Daavary, M., Sadough Vanini, S.A. (2015) Corrosion fatigue enhancement of welded steel pipes by ultrasonic impact treatment. Materials Letter, 139, 462–466. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2014.10.141
18. Fan, Y., Zhao, X., Liu, Y. (2016) Research on fatigue behavior of the flash welded joint enhanced by ultrasonic peening treatment. Materials & Design, 94, 515–522. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2016.01.070
19. Gajvoronsky, O.A., Poznyakov, V.D., Klapatyuk, A.V. (2014) Method of restoration of high-carbon steel products. Pat. 107301, Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
20. Dolinenko, V.V., Shapovalov, E.V., Skuba, T.G. et al. (2017) Robotic system of non-destructive eddy-current testing of complex geometry products. The Paton Welding J., 5–6, 51–57. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.06.10
21. Paton, B.E., Shapovalov, V.A., Grigorenko, G.M. et al. (2016) Plasma-induction growing of profiled single crystals of refractory metals. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
22. Shapovalov, V.A., Yakusha, V.V., Nikitenko, Yu.A. et al. (2014) Studying the temperature field of profiled tungsten single-crystals produced by plasma-induction process. Elektrometall., 3, 31–35 [in Russian].
23. Shapovalov, V.A., Yakusha, V.V., Gnizdylo, A.N., Nikitenko, Yu.A. (2016) Application of additive technologies for growing large profiled single crystals of tungsten and molybdenum. The Paton Welding J., 5–6, 134–136. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.23
24. (2009) Tissue-saving high-frequency electric welding surgery. Ed. by B.E. Paton, O.N. Ivanova. Kiev, PWI, IAW [in Russian].
25. Paton, B.E., Krivtsun, I.V., Marinsky, G.S. et al. (2013) High-frequency welding and thermal treatment of live tissues in surgery. Nauka i Praktyka, 1, 25–39 [in Russian].
26. Paton, B.E., Marinsky, G.S., Podpryatov, S.E. et al. (2012) Welding high-frequency electrocoagulator EKVZ-300. Pat. 72577U, Ukraine, Int. Cl. A61 B 18/12 [in Ukrainian].
27. Paton, B.E., Krivtsun, I.V., Marinsky, G.S. et al. (2013) Welding, cutting and heat treatment of live tissues. The Paton Welding J., 10–11, 142–153.
28. Paton, B.E., Tkachenko, V.A., Marinsky, G.S., Matviichuk, G.M. (2014) Method of joining human and animal biological tissues using high-frequency current. 106513, Ukraine [in Ukrainian].