TPWJ, 2019, #6, 43-45 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #6, 2019 (June)
Application of chips of steel 5KhNM in electroslag surfacing of dies in current-conducting mold
Yu.M. Kuskov, O.G. Kuzmenko and I.P. Lentyugov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Different methods for melting chips during electroslag process are considered. For electroslag surfacing of dies, chips of a tool steel were used as a discrete surfacing material in combination with a special device for melting of filler and formation of deposited layer, which is the current-conducting mold. The results of surfacing the press dies with chips of steel 5KhNМ are presented. The prospects of the proposed technology for renovation of dies from the point of view of producing high-quality die with a relatively low power consumption during surfacing are shown. 9 Ref., 5 Figures.
chips of a tool steel, electroslag surfacing, dies, current-conducting mold
1. Geller, Yu.A. (1983) Tool steels. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
2. http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/menu_u/ns.htm:State statistics service of Ukraine. Economic statistics. Economic activity. Environment [in Ukrainian].
3. Mazur, A.A., Lipodaev, V.N., Pustovojt, S.V., Petruk, V.S. (2017) State-of-the-art of welding equipment and consumables market in Ukraine. The Paton Welding J., 11, 31. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.11.05
4. Kuskov, Yu.M. (2014) Discrete filler materials for surfacing in current-conducting mould. Ibid., 6-7, 97-102. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.21
5. Kuzmenko, O.G. (2002) Restoration of tool for hot die forging by electroslag surfacing with noncompact materials: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kiev, PWI [in Russian].
6. Davydov, A.K., Goncharov, A.E., Soloviov G.I., Marfitsin, V.V. (1997) Electroslag surfacing with graphite electrode. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 6, 47-48 [in Russian].
7. Baktagirov, F.K. (2003) Application of nonconsumable electrode electroslag process for melting, refining and treatment of metals. Report 2. Advances in Electrometallurgy, 1, 4-8.
8. Kochkin, S.V. (2015) Development of technology of metal chips processing by electroslag remelting method. Sovremennye Nauchnye Issledovaniya i Innovatsii, 6, 41 [in Russian].
9. Kyskov, Yu.M. (2003) A new approach to electroslag welding. Welding J., 4, 42-45.