TPWJ, 2019, #10, 26-32 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #10, 2019 (November)
Diffusion heat-resistant coatings for stainless and carbon steels
A.L. Borisova1, N.I. Kaporik1, T.V. Tsymbalista1 and M.A. Vasilkovskaya2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I. M. Frantsevich Institute of Problems of Materials Science
3 Krzhyzhanovskogo Str., 03680, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper presents the results of investigation of heat-resistant diffusion coatings on steel 08Cr7Ti and steel 45, produced by aluminizing and chromoaluminizing methods in powder mixtures at a temperature of 900–950 °C during 2–5 h. On the kinetic dependencies of oxidation of the specimens with coatings in the temperature interval of 800–l000 °C, the parametric diagrams of thermal shock resistance were plotted. They allow evaluating endurance of protective coatings at any temperatures up to 1000 °C. 8 Ref., 3 Tables, 7 Figures.
aluminizing, chromoaluminizing, heat-resistant coatings, microstructure, phase composition, oxidation kinetics, thermal shock resistance parameter
1. Borisov, Yu.S., Borisova, A.L., Tsymbalista, T.V. et al. (2019) Heat-resistant thermal coatings based on intermetallics with CeO2 additives. The Paton Welding J., 9, 23-29. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2019.09.04
2. Appen, A.A. (1976) Temperature-resistant inorganic coatings. 2nd ed. Leningrad, Khimiya [in Russian].
3. Borisenyuk, G.V., Vasiliev, L.A., Voroshnin, L.G. et al. (1981) Chemical and heat treatment of metals and alloys: Refer. Book. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
4. Lygdenov, B.D., Guriev, A.M., Mosorov, V.I., Butukharov, V.A. (2015) Perspective diffusion coatings. Int. J. of Experimental Education, 12(4), 1, 572-573.
5. Muboyadzhyan, S.A., Galoyan, A.G. (2012) Diffusion aluminium coatings for protection of surface of inner sealing band of turbine blades. Metally, 5, 4-13 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0036029512090078
6. Burnyshev, I.N., Poryvaev, D.A. (2015) Aluminizing of steels in dynamic saturation medium. Khimicheskaya Fizika i Mezoskopiya, 17(3), 364-371 [in Russian].
7. Grot, A.S., Mortin, I.K. (1981) Behavior of plasma-sprayed ceramic thermal-barrier coating for gas turbine applications. Amer. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 60, 807-811.
8. Borisova, A.L., Adeeva, L.I., Tunik, A.Yu. (1994) Influence of characteristics of initial material and conditions of spraying on structure and properties of thermal coatings. Kyiv, PWI [in Russian].