The Paton Welding Journal, 2020, #1, 43-48 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #1, 2020 (February)
Press magnetically-impelled arc welding of high-strength steel tubular parts of hydraulic cylinders
V.S. Kachynskyi, S.I. Kuchuk-Yatsenko and M.P. Koval
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Materials for carrying out works in the framework of investigating weldability of parts of hydraulic cylinders with diameters from 40 to 200 m and a wall thickness of up to 10 mm, the results of performed metallographic examinations and mechanical properties of welded joints are presented. The basic conditions for forming welded joints of tubular parts of hydraulic cylinders were determined. The process of press magnetically-impelled arc welding of pipes of hydraulic cylinders with a diameter of up to 200 mm and a wall thickness of up to 10 mm was developed. 8 Ref., 4 Tables, 16 Figures.
Keywords: press magnetically-impelled arc welding, pipes for hydraulic cylinders, joint formation, welding technology
1. Ganovski, F.J. (1974) The magnetarc welding process. Welding and Metal Fabrication, June, 206–213.
2. Edson, D.A. (1982) Magnetically impelled arc faying surfaces welding of thick wall tubes. IIW, IM-726–82.
3. Takagi, K., Aracida, F. (1982) Magnetically impelled arc butt welding of gas pipeline. Metal Construction, 20, 542–548.
4. Hiller, F., Schmidt, M., Breiksch, J. (2003) Use of the magnetarc welding process in the production of truck cab suspension systems. Thyssen Krupp Techforum, 40–43.
5. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Kachinskiy, V.S., Ignatenko, Yu.V. (2010) Magnetically-impelled arc butt welding of automobile parts. Australasian Welding J., 55, Second Quarter.
6. Kachinskiy, V.S., Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Ignatenko, Yu.V., Koval, M.P. (2010) Magnetically-impelled arc butt welding of pipes of steel X70. Ibid.
7. API STANDARD 1104 (2013) Welding of pipelines and related facilities. American Petroleum Institute.
8. Kachinskiy, V.S., Krivenko, V.G., Ignatenko, Yu.V. (2002) Magnetically impelled arc butt welding of hollow and solid parts. Doc. IIW III-1208-02. Welding in the World, 46(7/8), 49-56. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03263390