TPWJ, 2020, #1, 49-53 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #1, 2020 (February)
Electron beam welding with programming of beam power density distribution
V.V. Skryabinskyi, V.M. Nesterenkov and M.O. Rusynyk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
In the existing models of electron beam welding process, the shape and size of penetration zone are determined both by energy parameters and shape of the heat source. Effective control of electron beam power density distribution and, therefore, of the heat source shape is possible by using discrete scans. A procedure and computer program were developed to calculate the power density distribution at discrete scanning of the electron beam, taking into account the coordinates of scan points, relative time of its dwelling in the points and scanning frequency. Joint application of the computer program for calculation of beam power density distribution together with the mathematical model of electron beam welding allows obtaining the set shape and dimensions of the penetration zone. The results of calculation of welding modes and cross-sections of welds with parallel side walls and a large radius of the root rounding at partial penetration of stainless steel samples are presented. The method of calculation of electron beam welding parameters and cross-section of the joint of dissimilar alloys are also given. 11 Ref., 7 Figures.
Keywords: electron beam welding, beam power density, computer-aided design of scans, shape of penetration zone, welding of dissimilar alloys
1. Ryzhkov, F.N., Suvorin, V.Ya. (1971) Technological features of vacuum welding by electron beam oscillating across the weld. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 16-21 [in Russian].
2. Nesterenkov, V.M., Kravchuk, L.A. (1981) Selection of parameters of beam rotation around the circumference and their influence on weld geometry in electron beam welding. Ibid., 10, 25-28 [in Russian].
3. Nazarenko, O.K., Kaydalov, A.A., Kovbasenko, S.M. (1987) Electron beam welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
4. Varushkin, S.V., Belenky, V.Ya., Zyryanov, N.A., Kylosov, A.A. (2017) Oscillation of electron beam as a means of improvement of weld root formation and facilitation of through penetration in electron beam welding. Mashinostroenie, Materialovedenie, 19(2), 151-159 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15593/2224-9877/2017.2.11
5. Lankin, Yu.N., Bondarev, A.A., Bajshtruk, E.N., Skryabinsky, V.V. (1985) Control of density distribution of electron beam power over its section. Avtomatich. Svarka, 6, 12-15 [in Russian].
6. Lankin, Yu.N., Bondarev, A.A., Dovgodko, E.I., Diachenko, V.A. (2009) Control system for beam scanning in electron beam welding. The Paton Welding J., 9, 13-16.
7. Skryabinskyi, V.V. (1994) Development of technology of electron beam welding of high-strength aluminium alloys 1570 and 1460 with control of density distribution of beam power: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kyiv, PWI [in Ukrainian].
8. Lankin, Yu.N., Soloviov, V.G., Semikhin,V.F. et al. (2017) Computer system of graphic design of scanning and modeling of final distribution of electron beam current density. In: Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Beam Technologies in Welding and Materials Processing (11-15 September, 2017, Odessa, Ukraine), 59-60.
9. Zhang Hong, Men Zhengxing, Li Jiukai et al. (2018) Numerical simulation of the electron beam welding and post welding heat treatment coupling process. High Temp. Mater. Proc., 37(9-10), 793-800. https://doi.org/10.1515/htmp-2017-0053
10. Cerveraa, M., Dialamia, N., Wub, B. et al. (2016) Numerical modeling of the electron beam welding and its experimental validation. Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 121(11), 118-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.finel.2016.07.003
11. Lastovirya, V.N. (2008) Principles of control of penetration shape in technological process of electron beam welding. Mashinostroenie i Inzhenernoe Obrazovanie, 3, 12-17 [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: