Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #1, 2020, pp.51-56
Electron beam welding with programming of beam power density distribution
V.V. Skryabinsky, V.M. Nesterenkov, M.O. Rusynyk
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
In the existing models of electron beam welding process, the shape and sizes of penetration zone are determined both by power parameters as well as shape of heating source. The effective control of the electron beam power density distribution and, therefore, of the shape of the heating source is possible by using a discrete scanning. A procedure and a computer program were developed to calculate the power density distribution at a discrete scanning of electron beam, taking into account the coordinates of scan points, relative time of its stop at the points and frequency of scanning. The joint application of a computer program for calculation of the power density distribution together with a mathematical model of electron beam welding allows obtaining a set shape and sizes of penetration zone. The results of calculation of welding modes and cross-sections of welds with parallel side walls and a large radius of rounding of the root during a partial penetration of specimens of stainless steel are given. The method of calculating the electron beam welding parameters and cross-section of the joint of dissimilar alloys are also given. 11 Ref., 7 Fig.
Keywords: electron beam welding, beam power density, computer-aided design of scanning, shape of penetration zone, welding of dissimilar alloys
1. Ryzhkov, F.N., Suvorin, V.Ya. (1971) Technological features of vacuum welding by electron beam oscillating across the weld. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 16-21 [in Russian].
2. Nesterenkov, V.M., Kravchuk, L.A. (1981) Selection of parameters of beam rotation around the circumference and their influence on weld geometry in electron beam welding. Ibid., 10, 25-28 [in Russian].
3. Nazarenko, O.K., Kaydalov, A.A., Kovbasenko, S.M. (1987) Electron beam welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
4. Varushkin, S.V., Belenky, V.Ya., Zyryanov, N.A., Kylosov, A.A. (2017) Oscillation of electron beam as a means of improvement of weld root formation and facilitation of through penetration in electron beam welding. Mashinostroenie, Materialovedenie, 19(2), 151-159 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15593/2224-9877/2017.2.11
5. Lankin, Yu.N., Bondarev, A.A., Bajshtruk, E.N., Skryabinsky, V.V. (1985) Control of density distribution of electron beam power over its section. Avtomatich. Svarka, 6, 12-15 [in Russian].
6. Lankin, Yu.N., Bondarev, A.A., Dovgodko, E.I., Diachenko, V.A. (2009) Control system for beam scanning in electron beam welding. The Paton Welding J., 9, 13-16.
7. Skryabinskyi, V.V. (1994) Development of technology of electron beam welding of high-strength aluminium alloys 1570 and 1460 with control of density distribution of beam power: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kyiv, PWI [in Ukrainian].
8. Lankin, Yu.N., Soloviov, V.G., Semikhin,V.F. et al. (2017) Computer system of graphic design of scanning and modeling of final distribution of electron beam current density. In: Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Beam Technologies in Welding and Materials Processing (11-15 September, 2017, Odessa, Ukraine), 59-60.
9. Zhang Hong, Men Zhengxing, Li Jiukai et al. (2018) Numerical simulation of the electron beam welding and post welding heat treatment coupling process. High Temp. Mater. Proc., 37(9-10), 793-800. https://doi.org/10.1515/htmp-2017-0053
10. Cerveraa, M., Dialamia, N., Wub, B. et al. (2016) Numerical modeling of the electron beam welding and its experimental validation. Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 121(11), 118-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.finel.2016.07.003
11. Lastovirya, V.N. (2008) Principles of control of penetration shape in technological process of electron beam welding. Mashinostroenie i Inzhenernoe Obrazovanie, 3, 12-17 [in Russian].