Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #1, 2020, pp.45-50
Press magnetically-impelled arc welding of high-strength steel tubular parts of hydraulic cylinders
V.S. Kachynski, S.I. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, M.P. Koval
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials for carrying out works in the framework of investigating welding of parts of hydraulic cylinders with diameters from 40 to 200 m with a wall thickness of up to 10 mm, the results of performed metallographic examinations and mechanical properties of welded joints are presented. The basic conditions for forming welded joints of tubular parts of hydraulic cylinders were determined. The process of press magnetically-impelled arc welding of pipes of hydraulic cylinders with a diameter of up to 200 mm with a wall thickness of up to 10 mm was developed. 8 Ref., 4 Tabl., 16 Fig.
Keywords: press magnetically-impelled arc welding, pipes for hydraulic cylinders, joint forming, welding technology
1. Ganovski F.J. (1974) The magnetarc welding process. Welding and Metal Fabrication, June, 206–213.
2. Edson, D.A. (1982) Magnetically impelled arc faying surfaces welding of thick wall tubes. IIW, IM-726–82.
3. Takagi K., Aracida F. (1982) Magnetically Impelled Arc Butt Welding of gas pipeline. Metal Construction, 20, 542–548.
4. Hiller F., Schmidt M., Breiksch J. (2003) Use f the magnetarc welding process in the production of truck cab suspension systems. ThyssenKrupp Techforum, рр. 40–43.
5. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, SI., Kachinskiy, VS., Ignatenko, Yu V (2010) Magnetically-impelled arc butt welding of automobile parts. Australasian Welding J., 55, Second Quarter.
6. Kachinskiy V.S., Kuchuk-Yatsenko S.I., Ignatenko Yu.V., Koval M.P. (2010) Magnetically-impelled arc butt welding of pipes of steel X70. Ibid.
7. API STANDARD 1104 (2013) Welding of pipelines and related facilities. American Petroleum Institute.
8. Kachinskiy, V.S., Krivenko, V.G., Ignatenko, Yu.V. (2002) Magnetically impelled arc butt welding of hollow and solid parts. Doc. IIW III-1208-02. Welding in the World, 46(7/8), 49-56. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03263390
Advertising in this issue: