TPWJ, 2020, #8, 8-14 pages
Influence of introduction of refractory particles into welding pool on structure and properties of weld metal
V.V. Holovko, D.Yu. Yermolenko, S.M. Stepanyuk, V.V. Zhukov and V.А. Kostin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The investigations of influence of change of sizes of primary dfinishrites in the structure of weld metal on their secondary
microstructure and mechanical properties were carried out. It is shown that an increase in the width of dfinishrites
is accompanied by a rise in the temperature of start of bainite transformation, but the content of low-temperature
bainite in the microstructure of weld grows. The possibility of effect of inoculation by dispersed particles of refractory
compounds into welding pool on relationship between the content in the microstructure of weld of components with
a coarse-acicular and fine-acicular morphology and, accordingly, on mechanical properties of weld was established.
9 Ref., 4 Tables, 10 Figures.
weld, microstructure, dfinishrites, bainite transformation, inoculation, refractory compounds, mechanical
1. Hideyuki, Y., Takahiro, H., Naoki, S. et al. (2019) Investigation using 4D-CT of massive-like transformation from the δ to γ phase during and after δ-solidification in carbon steels. IOP conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering. doi:10.1088/1757-899X/529/1/012013. pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/529/1/012013
2. Phelan, D., Dippenaar, R. (2004) Instability of the Deltaferrite/ austenite Interface in Low Carbon Steels: The Influence of Delta-ferrite Recovery Sub-structures. ISIJ International, 44, 2, 414-421. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.44.414
3. Svensson, L.-E. (2000) Control of microstructures and properties in steel arc welds. CRC Press, Inc., Corporate Blvd.
4. Holovko, V.V., Yermolenko, D.Yu., Stepanyuk, S.M. (2020) The influence of introducing refractory compounds into the weld pool on the weld metal dendritic structure. The Paton Welding J., 6, 2-8. https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.06.01
5. Selivanova, O.V., Polukhina, O.N., Khotinov, V.A., Farber, V.M. (2017) Modern methods of investigation of polymorphous transformations in steels: Manual. Ekaterinburg, Izd-vo Uralskogo Un-ta [in Russian].
6. Teplukhina, I.V., Golod, V.M., Tsvetkov, A.S. (2018) Plotting of overcooled austenite decomposition diagrams in steel on the base of numerical analysis of dilatometric testing results. Pisma o Materialakh, 8(1), 37-41 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.22226/2410-3535-2018-1-37-41
7. Motyčka, P., Kövér, M. (2012) Evaluation methods of dilatometer curves of phase transformations. COMAT 2012: 2nd International Conf. on Recent Trends in Structural Materials. 21-22.11. 2012, Plzeň, Czech Republic, EU.
8. Novikova, S.I. (1976) Heat expansion of solids. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
9. EN 1011-2. Welding - Recommendations for welding of metallic materials. Part 2: Arc welding of ferritic steels`. British Standards Institution, March 2001 AMD A1 Dec. 2003.
Advertising in this issue: