Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2020, pp. 9-15
Influence of introduction of refractory particles to welding pool on structure and properties of weld metal
V.V. Golovko, D.Yu. Yermolenko, S.M. Stepanyuk, V.V. Zhukov, V.А. Kostin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The performed investigations of influence of changes of sizes of primary dendrites in the structure of weld metal on their
secondary microstructure and mechanical properties were performed. It is shown that an increase in the width of dendrites is
accompanied by an increase in the temperature of the beginning of bainite transformation, but the content of low-temperature
bainite in the microstructure of welds increases. The possibility of effect of inoculation to welding pool with dispersed particles
of refractory compounds on relationship between the content in the microstructure of welds of components with coarse-acicular
and fine-acicular morphology and, accordingly, on mechanical properties of welds. 9 Ref., 4 Tabl., 10 Fig.
welds, microstructure, dendrites, bainite transformation, inoculation, refractory compounds, mechanical properties
1. Hideyuki, Y., Takahiro, H., Naoki, S. et al. (2019) Investigation using 4D-CT of massive-like transformation from the δ to γ phase during and after δ-solidification in carbon steels. IOP conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering. doi:10.1088/1757-899X/529/1/012013. pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/529/1/012013
2. Phelan, D., Dippenaar, R. (2004) Instability of the Deltaferrite/ austenite Interface in Low Carbon Steels: The Influence of Delta-ferrite Recovery Sub-structures. ISIJ International, 44, 2, 414-421. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.44.414
3. Svensson, L.-E. (2000) Control of microstructures and properties in steel arc welds. CRC Press, Inc., Corporate Blvd.
4. Holovko, V.V., Yermolenko, D.Yu., Stepanyuk, S.M. (2020) The influence of introducing refractory compounds into the weld pool on the weld metal dendritic structure. The Paton Welding J., 6, 2-8. https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.06.01
5. Selivanova, O.V., Polukhina, O.N., Khotinov, V.A., Farber, V.M. (2017) Modern methods of investigation of polymorphous transformations in steels: Manual. Ekaterinburg, Izd-vo Uralskogo Un-ta [in Russian].
6. Teplukhina, I.V., Golod, V.M., Tsvetkov, A.S. (2018) Plotting of overcooled austenite decomposition diagrams in steel on the base of numerical analysis of dilatometric testing results. Pisma o Materialakh, 8(1), 37-41 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.22226/2410-3535-2018-1-37-41
7. Motyčka, P., Kövér, M. (2012) Evaluation methods of dilatometer curves of phase transformations. COMAT 2012: 2nd International Conf. on Recent Trends in Structural Materials. 21-22.11. 2012, Plzeň, Czech Republic, EU.
8. Novikova, S.I. (1976) Heat expansion of solids. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
9. EN 1011-2. Welding - Recommendations for welding of metallic materials. Part 2: Arc welding of ferritic steels`. British Standards Institution, March 2001 AMD A1 Dec. 2003.
Advertising in this issue: