Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2020, pp. 16-19
Investigation of the methods of modifying the structure of austenitic welds and the zone of their fusion with pearlitic base metal
K.A. Yushchenko, O.V. Bulat, G.V. Svyagintseva, V.I. Samoilenko, Yu.M. Kakhovskiy
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Investigation of the effect of nitrogen alloying and yttrium and zirconium oxide additives to the weld pool on the structure of
an austenitic weld and its microhardness in the zone of its fusion with pearlitic base metal was studied for the case of joints of
dissimilar steels (austenitic with pearlitic), made by coated-electrode arc welding. It is shown that nitrogen alloying of weld
metal of Kh20N9G6 type through the electrode coating practically does not affect the dendrite dimensions, but lower the
microhardness (risk of martensite formation) in the zone of fusion with pearlitic base metal. In the case of yttrium or zirconium
oxide additives to the austenitic metal of Kh15N25M6AG2 type through the coating, its dendrite structure is refined significantly,
and metal microhardness in the fusion zone drops to the level that is indicative of martensite absence. 8 Ref., 2 Table, 4 Fig.
arc welding, coated electrodes, austenitic deposited metal, transition zone with pearlitic metal, transition zones with
pearlitic metal, structure, microhardness
1. Shorshorov, M.Kh., Erokhin, A.A., Chernyshova, T.A. et al.
(1973) Hot cracks in welding of heat-resistant alloys. Moscow,
Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
2. Kakhovsky, N.I. (1975) Welding of high-alloyed steels. Kiev,
Tekhnika [in Russian].
3. Braun, M.P. (1982) Microalloying of steel. Kiev, Naukova
Dumka [in Russian].
4. Zemzin, V.N. (1966) Welded joints of dissimilar steels. Moscow,
Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
5. Gotalsky, Yu.N. (1981) Welding of dissimilar steels. Kiev,
Tekhnika [in Russian].
6. Yushchenko, K.A., Kakhovsky, Yu.N., Bulat, A.V. et al. (2014) Investigation of transition zone of low-carbon steel joint with high-alloyed Cr-Ni deposited metal. The Paton Welding J., 6-7, 143-146. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.31
7. Elagin, V.P., Lipodaev, V.N., Gordan, G.N. (2016) Peculiarities
of development of structural heterogeneity of pearlitic
steel with nitrogen-containing weld metal. In: Proc. of 9th
Int. Conf. on Arc Welding, Materials and Quality (31 May - 3
June 2016, Volgograd, Russia), 116-126.
8. Pickering F.B. (1982) Physical metallurgy and development
of steel. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: