Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2020, pp. 20-26
Application of plasma-powder and electric arc coatings to increase tribocorrosion resistance of steels in aggressive environment
V.I. Pokhmursky1, M.S. Khoma1, I.O. Ryabtsev2, Ye.F. Pereplyotchikov1, V.A. Vynar1
G.V. Karpenko Physical-Mechanical Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 5 Naukova Str., 79060, Lviv, Ukraine,
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
The corrosion and tribocorrosion characteristics of plasma-powder and electric arc coatings on tubular steels in chloridecontaining
media with hydrogen sulfide and ammonium were studied. It was established that the corrosion resistance of coatings
applied by plasma-powder surfacing and electric arc spraying increases with increasing pH of the solution. It was shown that
in these media the most resistant to corrosion and mechanical fracture were the coatings that were deposited by the plasma
method of powder of 08Kh17N35S3R alloy. It was established that electric arc coatings sprayed using the flux-cored wire
75Kh19RЗS2 reduce the corrosion current density of carbon steels in hydrogen sulfide solution by 40%. In the same medium
on the surface of the coatings sulfide compounds are formed, which during friction act as a solid lubricant, which reduces the
wear of the material by 40...42%. The electric arc coatings produced by the flux-cored wire 75Kh19RЗS2 were proposed to be
used to restore damaged surfaces of parts and protect them from corrosion and abrasive wear in the hydrogen sulfide media.
14 Ref., 5 Tabl., 4 Fig.
plasma-powder surfacing, electric arc coatings, corrosion, tribocorrosion, chlorides, hydrogen sulfide, ammonium
1. Landolt, D., Mischler, S. (2011) Tribocorrosion of passive metals and coatings. Woodhead Publishing Ltd. https://doi.org/10.1533/9780857093738
2. Khoma, M.S. et al. (2019) Corrosion and tribocorrosion properties of plasma sprayed coatings based on iron, nickel and chrome in environment containing hydrogen sulfide, chlorides and ammonia. Naukovi Notatky, 66, 356-361 [in Ukrainian].
3. Student, M., Veselivska, H., Gvozdecki, V. et al. (2008) Corrosion-mechanical resistance of arc-sprayed coatings made from cored powders. Ukrainian J. of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Sci., 4, 1, 12-20. https://doi.org/10.23939/ujmems2018.01.012
4. Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma-powder surfacing. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
5. Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Vasyliv, Kh., Vynar, V. et al. Plasmapowder surfacing of high-alloyed alloys based on iron, chrome and nickel on low-alloyed structural steels to improve their wear resistance. Fiz.-Khimich. Mekhanika Materialiv, 3, 81-88 [in Ukrainian].
6. Pokhmurska, G.V., Student, M.M., Pokhmurskyi, V.I. (2017) Thermal sprayed coatings: Manual. Lviv, Prostir-M [in Ukrainian].
7. Pokhmurskyi, V., Student, M., Gvozdeckii, V. et al. (2013) Arc-sprayed iron-based coatings for erosion-corrosion protection of boiler tubes at elevated temperatures. J. Thermal Spray Technol., 22, 5, 808-819. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11666-013-9921-z
8. Wielage, B., Pokhmurska, H., Student, M. et al. (2013) Ironbased coatings arc-sprayed with cored wires for applications at elevated temperatures. Surface and CoatingTechnol., 220, 27-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2012.12.013
9. Bolelli, G., Milanti, A., Lusvarghi, L. et al. (2016) Wear and impact behaviour of high velocity air-fuel sprayed Fe-Cr- Ni-B-C alloy coatings. Tribology Int., 95, 372-390. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.triboint.2015.11.036
10. Bobzin, K., Zhao, L., Öte, M., Königstein, T. (2017) Novel Fe-based wear and corrosion resistant coatings by threecathode. Plasma Technology, Ibid., 318, 288-292. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2016.08.041
11. Ignatovich, S.R., Zakiev, I.M. (2011) Universal micro/nanoindentor «Micron-gamma». Zavodskaya Laboratoriya, 77, 1, 61-67 [in Russian].
12. Zakalov, O.V., Zakalov, I.O. (2011) Fundamentals of friction and wear in machines: Manual. Ternopil, TNTU [in Ukrainian].
13. Khoma, M.S., Ivashkiv, V.R., Chuchman, M.R. et al. (2018) Corrosion cracking of ferrite-pearlitic steels of different structure in the hydrogen sulfide environment under static load. Procedia Structural Integrity, 13, 2184-2189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prostr.2018.12.143
14. Khoma, M.S., Ivashkiv, V.R., Galaichak, S.A. (2019) Influence of structure of steels on corrosion, hydrogenation and corrosion cracking in hydrogen sulfide environment. Fiz.- Khimich. Mekhanika Materialiv, 2, 121-125 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11003-019-00299-8
Advertising in this issue: