TPWJ, 2021, #1, 40-44 pages
Simulation of electromagnetic and thermal fields in the process of induction heating on small specimens with the presence of welded joint of high-strength railway rails
R.S. Hubatyuk, S.V. Rymar, O.S. Prokofiev, V.A. Kostin, O.V. Didkovskyi and O.F. Muzhychenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection of heating mode, which provides an optimal combination of technological parameters to obtain the necessary
structural and phase transformations of welded butt of high-strength railway rails, which is subjected to heat treatment,
is a complex process that requires carrying out a large number of experiments with a significant consumption of time,
labor, power and financial resources. To solve this type of problem, it is rational to use methods of mathematical and
physical modeling, which are based on the use of mathematical models, numerical calculation methods and experimental
data of physical modeling in determining key parameters of heat treatment process. For this purpose, based
on the theory of similarity, a mathematical model of the process of heat treatment of small specimens was proposed,
taking into account the interrelated properties and physical phenomena with the original study. A simplified model of
the specimen is considered, on which the optimal heating conditions are tested and the properties of the weld metal
subjected to heat treatment are investigated, after which the transition to specifying the conditions of heat treatment of
the real welded butt of high-strength railway rails is carried out. This approach makes it possible to significantly reduce
the resources in determining the optimal conditions of heating products of high-strength carbon steels, including butt
welded joints of railway rails. 13 Ref., 5 Figures.
induction heating, heat treatment, weld of railway rails, mathematical modeling, physical modeling,
1. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Krivenko, V.G., Didkovsky, A.V. et al. (2012) Technology and new generation of equipment for flash butt welding of advanced high-strength rails for construction and reconstruction of high-speed railway lines. The Paton Welding J., 6, 22-26.
2. Kuchuk-Yatsenko, S.I., Didkovsky, A.V., Shvets, V.I. et al. (2016) Flash-butt welding of high-strength rails of nowadays production. Ibid., 5-6, 4-12. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.06.01
3. Gubatyuk, R.S. (2019) Heat treatment of welded joints of high-strength railway rails (Review). Ibid., 2, 41-48. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2019.02.07
4. Rudnev, V., Loveless, D., Cook, R., Black, M. (2003) Handbook of Induction Heating. Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, USA.
5. Panteleymonov, E.A. (2018) On the problem of heat treatment of welded joints of railway rails. The Paton Welding J., 3, 36-39. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2018.03.08
6. Pleshivtseva, Yu.E., Popov, A.V., Popova, M.A., Derevyanov, M.Yu. (2019) Optimal design of inductor for surface hardening of cylindrical billets on the base of numerical 2D model. Vestnik Astrakh. GTU. Seriya: Upravlenie, Vychislitelnaya Tekhnika i Informatika, 1, 40-50 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.24143/2072-9502-2019-1-40-50
7. Kucheryavaya, I.N. (2015) Application of multiphysical modeling in solution of problems of electrical engineering. Pratsi IED NANU, 42, 112-122 [in Russian].
8. Landau, L.D., Lifshits, E.M. (2006) Field theory. Theoretical physics. Vol. 2. Moscow, Fizmatlit [in Russian].
9. Chirkin, V.S. (1959) Thermophysical properties of materials. Moscow, Fizmatlit [in Russian].
10. Prokofiev, O.S., Gubatyuk, R.S., Pismennyi, O.S. et al. (2020) Development of inductors for bulk and surface heat treatment of welded butt joints of railway rails. The Paton Welding J., 5, 41-48. https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.05.07
11. Prokof`iev, O., Gubatyuk, R., Rymar, S. et al. (2020) Inductor for uniform bulk heat treatment of welded butt joints of railway rails. Solid State Phenomena, 313, 72-81. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/SSP.313.72
12. Pysmennyi, O.S., Panteleimonov, E.O., Rymar, S.V., Gubatiuk, R.S. (2016) Induction device for heat treatment of welded joints of railway rails. Pat. Ukraine on utility model UA 116086 U, Int. Cl. (2006.01) C21D 1/10. Fill. 03.11.2016; Publ. 10.05.2017 [in Ukrainian].
13. Panteleimonov, E.O., Gubatiuk, R.S. (2016) Induction device for heat treatment of welded joints of railway rails. Pat. Ukraine on utility model. UA 109123 U, Int. Cl. С21D 1/10. Fill. 29.02.2016; Publ. 10.08.2016 [in Ukrainian].
Advertising in this issue: