TPWJ, 2009, #5, 34-37 pages
EVALUATION OF RESIDUAL LIFE OF WELDED JOINTS ON TANK VERTICAL WALL AFTER 20-25 YEARS OF SERVICE
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5, 2009 (May)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The paper presents the results of experimental investigations of the residual service life of shop vertical butt welded joints of 16G2AF steel on a coiled tank wall after 20-25 years of service. No changes of mechanical properties with time were found, including their cold resistance. It is established that the studied welded joints have the residual service life sufficient for their further operation for not less than 20 more years.
oil storage tanks, 16G2AF steel, shop butt welded joints, residual life
1. VBN V2.2-58.2-94: Vertical steel tanks for storage of oil and mineral oil. Valid from 01.10.1994.
2. RD 16.01-60.30.00-KTN-026-1-04: Norms for design of oil storage steel tanks of 1000-5000 m3 volume. Introd. 21.06.04.
3. SNiP II-23-81: Steel structures. Introd. 01.01.1982.
4. SNiP 3.03.01-87: Load-carrying and enclosing structures. Introd. 01.06.1988.
5. GOST 19282-73: Low-alloy plate steel and wide strip universal shape steel. Introd. 01.01.75.
6. GOST 19281-89: Increased-strength steel rolled stock. Introd. 01.01.89.
7. PB 03-605-03: Rules for design of vertical cylindrical steel tanks for oil and petroleum products. Introd. 09.07.2003.
8. TU U 27.1-05416923-085:2006: Rolled sheets welded of quality steel of 355-590 strength grade for machine-building. Introd. 02.04.2007.