TPWJ, 2009, #10, 28-32 pages
LASER WELDING OF TITANIUM ALLOYS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 10, 2009 (October)
B.E. PATON, V.D. SHELYAGIN, S.V. AKHONIN, V.F. TOPOLSKY, V.Yu. KHASKIN, I.K. PETRICHENKO, A.V. BERNATSKY, R.N. MISHCHENKO and A.V. SIORA
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The optimal scheme of gas shielding was chosen for laser welding, allowing production of joints on alloys VT1-0, VT6, SP15, VT22, VT23 and T110. The possibility of using laser welding for low and medium alloys was established. It is shown that further improvement of the laser welding technology is required for high titanium alloys.
laser welding, titanium alloys, gas shielding, process parameters, butt joints, mechanical properties, stress corrosion resistance
1. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Blashchuk, V.E. et al. (1986) Metallurgy and technology of welding of titanium and its alloys. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
2. Nazarenko, O.K., Kajdalov, A.A., Kovbasenko, S.N. et al. (1987) Electron beam welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
3. (1974) Technology of electric fusion welding of metals and alloys. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
4. Grigoriants, A.G., Shiganov, I.N. (1988) Laser equipment and technology: Manual for institutes of higher education. Book 5: Laser welding of metals. Ed. by A.G. Grigoriants. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola.
5. Velichko, O.A., Garashchuk, V.P., Molchan, I.V. et al. (1974) Laser welds on steel and titanium. Avtomatich. Svarka, 10, 19-21.
6. Zhurov, N.V., Milrud, S.R. (1983) Some technological peculiarities of laser welding of pipe joints. In: Proc. of Workshop on Application of High Energy Density Sources in Welding Production (Leningrad, 20-21 Dec. 1983). Leningrad: LDNTP.
7. Zamkov, V.N., Prilutsky, V.P., Novikov, Yu.K. (1993) Achievements in the field of welding technology of titanium. Avtomatich. Svarka, 5, 25-27.
8. Borisova, E.A., Bochvar, G.A., Brun, M.Ya. et al. (1980) Titanium alloys. Metallography of titanium alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
9. Zamkov, V.N., Prilutsky, V.P. (1980) Technological capabilities of argon-arc welding of titanium over the flux layer. In: Proc. of 1st All-Union Conf. on Current Problems of Welding of Non-Ferrous Metals (Kiev, 21-23 Nov. 1978). Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
10. Zamkov, V.N., Prilutsky, V.P., Petrichenko, I.K. et al. (2001) Effect of the method of fusion welding on properties of welded joints in alloy Ti-6Al-4V. The Paton Welding J., 4, 2-6.