The Paton Welding Journal, 2017, #9, 27-32 pages
Effect of structure on properties of Al2O3 and Al (or Ti) mechanical mixture coatings produced by multichamber detonation spraying method
L.I. Markashova, Yu.N. Tyurin, O.V. Kolisnichenko, E.N. Berdnikova, O.S. Kushnareva, E.V. Polovetsky and E.P. Titkov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effect of structure and phase composition of cermet coatings of Al2
–Ti (Al) system produced using a unit for multichamber detonation spraying was investigated. Analysis of structure peculiarities of investigated coatings was performed applying optical metallography, analytical scanning as well as transmission microdiffraction electron microscopy. It is shown that dispersion of grain and subgrain structures as well as distribution of forming hardening phases of dispersion size make the most significant contribution in the indices of strength, ductility and crack resistance of the investigated coatings. 21 Ref., 2 Tables, 7 Figures.
cermet coatings, multichamber detonation spraying, aluminum oxide, structure, phase composition, dislocation density, hardening, fracture toughness, local internal stresses, crack resistance
- Kulik, A.Ya., Borisov, Yu.S., Mnukhin, A.S. et al. (1985) Thermal spraying of composite powders. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie.
- Borisov, Yu.S., Borisova, A.L. (1986) Plasma powder coatings. Kyiv: Tekhnika.
- Bartenev, S.S., Fedko, Yu.P., Grigorov, A.I. (1982) Detonation coatings in machine building. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie.
- Pawlowski, L. (2008) The science and engineering of thermal spray coatings. 2nd John Wiley & Sons.
- Tyurin, Yu.N., Kolisnichenko, O.V., Poleshchuk, M.A. (2009) Cumulative detonation device for thermal spraying of coatings. In: of 9th Int. Conf. on Films and Coatings-2009, 44–46.
- Miranda-Hernandez, J.G., Rocha-Rangel, E., Diaz de la Torre, S. (2010) Synthesis, microstructural analysis, mechanical properties of alumina-matrix cermets. of Silicate Based on Composite Materials, 62(1), 2–5. https://doi.org/10.14382/epitoanyag-jsbcm.2010.1
- Markashova, L.I., Poznyakov, V.D., Berdnikova, E.N. et al. (2014) Effect of structural factors on mechanical properties and crack resistance of welded joints of metals, alloys and composite materials. The Paton Welding J., 6/7, 22–28. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.06.04
- Markashova, L.I., Shelyagin, V.D., Kushnareva, O.S. et al. (2014) Structure-phase condition and mechanical properties of surface layers of 38KhN3MFA steel to be formed under conditions of laser and laser-plasma alloying. In: of 7th Int. Conf. on Mathematical Modelling and Information Technologies in Welding and Related Processes (15–19 September 2014, Odessa, Ukraine), 43–47.
- Markashova, L.I., Tyurin, Yu.N., Kolisnichenko, O.V. et al. (2014) Srtucture-phase condition of wear-resistant composite coatings of Cr3C2–NiCr system, deposited using multi-chamber detonation installation. Ibid., 37–42.
- Suzuki, H. (1967) On yield strength of polycrystalline metals and alloys. In: Structure and mechanical properties of metals. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 255–260.
- Eshby, I.F. (1972) On Orowan stress. In: Physics of strength and ductility. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 88–107.
- Goldshtejn, M.I., Litvinov, V.S., Bronfin, B.M. (1986) Metallophysics of high-strength alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Conrad, G. (1973) Model of strain hardening for explanation of grain size effect on metal flow stress. In: Superfine grain in metals. Ed. by L.K. Gordienko. Moscow: Metallurgiya, 206–219.
- Armstrong, R.V. (1973) Strength properties of metals with superfine grain. Ibid., 11–40.
- Petch, N.J. (1953) The cleavage strength of polycrystalline. Iron and Steel Inst., 173, 25–28.
- Orowan, E. (1954) Dislocation in metals. New York: AIME.
- Romaniv, O.N. (1979) Fracture toughness of structural steels. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
- Darovsky, Yu.F., Markashova, L.I., Abramov, N.P. et al. (1985) Procedure of thinning of specimens of dissimilar welded joints for electron microscopy examinations. Svarka, 12, 60.
- Stroh, A.N. (1954) The formation of cracks as a recoil of plastic flow. of the Roy. Soc. A, 223, 1154, 404–415.
- Panin, V.E., Likhachev, V.A., Grinyaeva, Yu.V. (1985) Structural levels of deformation of solids. Novosibirsk: Nauka.
- Conrad, H. (1963) Effect of grain size on the lower yield and flow stress of iron and steel. Acta Metallurgica, 11, 75–77. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-6160(63)90134-2