DOI of Article
TPWJ, 2019, #7, 41-46 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #7, 2019 (July)
Risk factors and criteria of fire and explosion hazard at ferroalloys grinding
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Considered are the main indices, characterizing the fire and explosion hazard of products of grinding of ferroallys, applied in electrode technology. The effect of grinder type on behaviour of ferroalloy powders is noted, and comparative evaluation of industrial installations used in electrode production, is given. A conclusion is made about the need for regular certification of each specific technology of ferroalloys grinding. 11 Ref., 4 Tables, 3 Figures.
Keywords: welding production, fire and explosion hazard, electrode technology, ferroalloys grinding, manufacturing quality, technology certification
1. Toleshov, A.K. (2009) Method of evaluation of fire and explosion hazard of production processes of metal and alloy powders. Metallurg, 6, 30–33 [in Russian].
2. Nedin, V.V., Nejkov, O.D., Alekseev, A.G. et al. (1971) Fire hazard of industrial powders. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
3. (1990) GOST 12.1.044–89 SSBT: Fire and explosion hazard of substances and materials. Range of blast data and methods of their determination. Moscow, Standarty[in Russian].
4. Toleshov, A.K. (1995) Standard characteristics of fire and explosion hazard of ferroalloys powder made in electrode production. Metallurg, 4, 19–21 [in Russian].
5. Babajtsev, I.V., Toleshov, A.K., Derzhavets, A.A. (1995) Evaluation of inflammability of powders of metals and alloys. Ibid., 9, 26–27 [in Russian].
6. Rules of arrangement of electric units PUE7 [in Russian].
7. Nejkov, O.D., Vasilieva, G.D., Kuzub, A.P. et al. et al. (1971) Examination of explosibility of ferrosilicon, ferromanganese, ferrotitanium, ferrochrome, silicocalcium and manganese powders. Prevention of sudden explosions of gas-dispersed systems. Kiev, Naukova Dumka, 36–44 [in Russian].
8. Gridin, A.A., Serebryakova, V.V., Babajtsev, I.V. et al. (1985) Study of disintegrator processes of dispersion and activation of explosion and fire hazardous ferroalloys. Stal, 11, 36–37 [in Russian].
9. Strizhko, L.S., Babajtsev, I.V., Toleshov, A.K. (1998) Prevention of explosions in refining of ferroalloys. Metallurg, 9, 27–28 [in Russian].
10. Babajtsev, I.V., Gerusova, V.P., Delyan, V.I. (1983) Passivation of powders of silicocalcium. Izv. Vuzov. Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 5, 151–152 [in Russian].
11. Babajtsev, I.V., Toleshov, A.K., Shchepelev, A.V. (1996) Decrease of explosion hazard of ferroalloys powders during vibrogrinding. Ibid., 1, 73–74 [in Russian].