Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), № 7, 2019 г., с.53-59
Risk factors, and criteria of fire and explosion safety at ferroalloy grinding
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Considered are the main values, characterizing the fire and explosion safety of products of grinding ferroalloys, applied in electrode technology. The effect of grinder type on behaviour of ferroalloy powders is noted, and comparative evaluation of industrial plants used in electrode production, is given. A conclusion is made about the need for regular certification of each specific technology of ferroalloy grinding. 11 Ref., 4 Tabl., 3 Fig.
Keywords: welding production, fire and explosion safety, electrode technology, ferroalloy grinding, manufacturing quality, technology certification
1. Toleshov, A.K. (2009) Method of evaluation of fire and explosion risks of production processes of metal and alloy powders. Metallurg, 6, 30-33 [in Russian].
2. Nedin, V.V., Nejkov, O.D., Alekseev, A.G. et al. (1971) Fire risk of industrial powders. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
3. (1990) GOST 12.1.044-89 SSBT: Fire and explosion risks of substances and materials. Range of blast data and methods of their determination. Moscow, Izd-vo standartov [in Russian].
4. Toleshov, A.K. (1995) Standard characteristics of fire and explosion risks of ferroalloys powder made in electrode production. Metallurg, 4, 19-21 [in Russian].
5. Babajtsev, I.V., Toleshov, A.K., Derzhavets, A.A. (1995) Evaluation of inflammability of powders of metals and alloys. Ibid., 9, 26-27 [in Russian].
6. Rules of arrangement of electric units PUE7 [in Russian].
7. Nejkov, O.D., Vasilieva, G.D., Kuzub, A.P. et al. et al. (1971) Examination of explosibility of ferrosilicon, ferromanganese, ferrotitanium, ferrochrome, silicocalcium and manganese powders. Prevention of sudden explosions of gas-dispersed systems. Kiev, Naukova Dumka, 36-44 [in Russian].
8. Gridin, A.A., Serebryakova, V.V., Babajtsev, I.V. et al. (1985) Study of disintegrator processes of dispersion and activation of explosion and fire hazardous ferroalloys. Stal, 11, 36-37 [in Russian].
9. Strizhko, L.S., Babajtsev, I.V., Toleshov, A.K. (1998) Prevention of explosions in refining of ferroalloys. Metallurg, 9, 27-28 [in Russian].
10. Babajtsev, I.V., Gerusova, V.P., Delyan, V.I. (1983) Passivation of powders of silicocalcium. Izv. Vuzov. Chyorn. Metallurgiya, 5, 151-152 [in Russian].
11. Babajtsev, I.V., Toleshov, A.K., Shchepelev, A.V. (1996) Decrease of explosion risk of ferroalloys powders during vibrogrinding. Ibid., 1, 73-74 [in Russian].