“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
Properties of joints of V134T grade alloy under the conditions of TIG welding
V.A. Koval, T.M. Labur, M.R. Yavorska
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
The paper presents the results of studying the weldability of sheet aluminium alloy of V134T grade of Al-Mg-Si-Cu-Fe system under the conditions of nonconsumable electrode manual argon-arc welding. This alloy is characterized by high susceptibility to hot cracking in welding. The hot brittleness index is equal to A = 65.8 – 85.5 %. The impact of filler material chemical composition on hot cracking resistance of weld metal was studied. It is found that in welding by batch-produced wires of SvAMg63, Sv1201, Sv1217 grades the crack resistance value is A = 30.3 – 53.9 %, and at application of wire of ZvAK5 grade this characteristic of welds is equal to A = 6.6 – 19.8 %. Nonconsumable electrode manual argon-arc welding of V1324T alloy allows producing tight sound joints of this material with strength coefficient of 0.80 – 0.87 which also depends on filler wire chemical composition. The value of ultimate strength of the alloy welded joints, made using different grades of filler wire is equal to ?t = 193.2 – 209.0 MPa, and the yield limit ?0.2 = 138.4 – 151.6 MPa; relative elongation ? = 3.1 – 5.4 %, bend angle ? – 40 – 65 deg. 7 Ref., 4 Tabl., 5 Fig.
Keywords: aluminium alloy, nonconsumable electrode manual argon-arc welding, filler wires, welded joints, structure, mechanical properties, hot cracks
1. Milman, Yu.V. (2008) New high-strength aluminium alloys. Actual problems of modern materials science. Vol.1. Kiev, Akademperiodika, 597-612 [in Russian].
2. Ishchenko, A.Ya. (2008) Welding of aluminium alloys. Inorganic materials science. Materials and technologies. Vol. 2, Book 2. Kiev, Naukova Dumka, 238-253 [in Russian].
3. Yushchenko, K.A., Derlomenko, V.V. (2008) Welding and weldability (joinability) of materials. Inorganic materials science. Materials and technologies. Vol. 2, Book 2. Kiev, Naukova Dumka, 268-276 [in Russian].
4. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Labur, T.M. (2013) Welding of modern structures of aluminium alloys. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
5. Rabkin, D.M. (1986) Metallurgy of fusion welding of aluminium and its alloys. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
6. Lashko, N.F., Lashko-Avakyan, S.V. (1960) Weldable light alloys. Leningrad, Sudpromgiz [in Russian].
7. (2015) DSTU EN ISO 10042:2015 (EN ISO 10042:2005, IDT; ISO 10042:2005, IDT): Welding - arc-welded joints in aluminium and its alloys - Quality levels for imperfections [in Ukrainian].