Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #3, 2016, pp. 25-30
Peculiarities of formation of structure of welded joints in arc surfacing with pulse feed of electrode wire
V.A. Lebedev1, I.V. Lendel1, A.V. Yarovitsyn1, E.I. Los1 and S.V. Dragan2
1E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
2National Shipbuilding University 19 Geroev Staliningrada Ave., 54025, Nikolaev, Ukraine
It is shown that process of CO2 arc surfacing with pulse feed of electrode wire in contrast to its continuous feed is characterized by increased stability, lower loss of electrode metal for spattering and improved characteristics of wear resistance of 30KhGSA deposited metal. determined was an optimum range of parameters of electrode wire pulse feed, namely frequency 10–30 Hz and relative pulse duration 3–5 units. It is shown that reduction of penetration depth of base metal is achieved due to current decrease at stage of droplet growth in elementary cycle of electrode metal transfer. Comparative examination of microstructure of deposited metal and HAZ was carried out employing scanning electron microscopy at continuous and pulse feed of electrode wire at ×(500–2000) magnifications. 18 Ref., 2 Tables, 10 Figures.
Keywords: arc welding, surfacing, pulse algorithms, feed system, electrode wire, welded joint, microstructure
- Lobanov, L.M., Lebedev, V.A., Maksimov, S.Yu. et al. (2012) New capabilities of mechanized arc spot welding using pulse effects. The Paton Welding J., 5, 12–16.
- Lebedev, V.A., Lendel, I.V. (2013) Control of pulse movement of electrode wire in mechanized welding due to change of feed pitch. Proizv. v Mashinostroenii, 3, 10–14.
- Paton, B.E., Lebedev, V.A., Poloskov, S.I. et al. (2013) Application of mechanical pulses for control of processes of automatic and mechanized consumable electrode welding. Svarka i Diagnostika, 6, 16–20.
- Lebedev, V.A., Lendel, I.V. (2015) Investigation of technological possibilities of arc welding and surfacing with pulsed feed of electrode wire. Tekhn. v Mashinostroenii, 9, 20–27.
- Lebedev, V.A. (2007) Specifics of welding of steels with pulsed feed of electrode wire. Proizvodstvo, 8, 30–35.
- (1990) Metallurgy of arc welding. Processes in arc and melting of electrodes. by I.K. Pokhodnya. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Lankin, Yu.N. (2011) Indicators of stability of GMAW process. The Paton Welding J., 1, 6–13.
- Potapievsky, A.G., Saraev, Yu.N., Chinakhov, D.A. (2012) Gas metal arc welding of steels. Engineering and technology of future. Tomsk: TomskPU.
- Abson, D.I., Dolby, R.E., Hart, P.M. (1978) The role of nonmetallic inclusions in ferrite nucleation in carbon steel weld metals. In: Trends in steel and consumables for welding: TWI Conf. Proc. London: TWI.
- Hee Jin Kim, Bong Yong Kang (2000) Microstructural characteristics of steel weld metal. KWS, 18(5), 565–572.
- Curry, D.C., Knott, J.F. (1978) Effects of microstructure on cleavage fracture stress in steel. Metal Sci., Vol. 12, 511. https://doi.org/10.1179/msc.1918.104.22.1681
- Kostin, V.A. (2008) Complex assessment of manganese and titanium effect on structure and properties of low-alloy steel welds. Visnyk PryazovDTU, 18, 198–202.
- Rybakov, A.A., Kostin, V.A., Filipchuk, T.N. et al. (2013) Peculiarities of microstructure formation of weld metal of gas-and-oil pipelines in welding of micro-alloy steels. Visnyk ChernigDTU, 63(1), 125–131.
- Frumin, I.I. (1961) Automatic electric arc surfacing. Kharkov: Metallurgizdat.
- Abramenko, D.N. (2008) Improvement of wear resistance of freight car parts by arc surfacing of steel layer with acicular ferrite structure: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Moscow: TsNIITMASh.
- Yurioka, N. (1995) TMPC steel and their welding. Welding in the World, 35(6), 375–390.
- Hrivnak, I., Matsuda, F. (1994) Metallographic examinations of martensite-austenite component (MAC) of HAZ metal of high-strength low-alloy steels. Svarka, 3, 22–30.
- Ivanajsky, A.A. (2006) Analysis of structure, phase composition, properties of granular bainite and technology of its formation in welded joints and rolled metal for welded structures: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Degree. Barnaul: AltajGTU.